Ch. 60: Salvation

(A year and a half later....)

~~~~~

~~~~~

Susan's eyes widen completely as her mouth opens wide, the blood beginning to be seen staining the ground. "No! No no!"

"Oh shit!" Brett exclaims. "Susan we gotta go! We gotta go!"

"No!" Susan pushes Brett away, her getting down on her knees beside Sam. "I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry!"

"Susan we have to go!"

"Brett call 911! Please call 911!" Susan cries, her taking off her jacket and going to put pressure on the wound, her sobbing out loudly as her hand goes over her mouth.

"I'm sorry!" Susan wraps the jacket tightly around him to apply the pressure to his wound. "I'm so sorry!"

"Susan NOW!"

Susan gasps awake softly, her going to sit up and stare ahead of her with light wide eyes. She goes to use her hands to slowly wipe her eyes, controlling her quickened breaths, telling herself it's just a dream and it is now in the past.

She looks to her left when she hears a soft coo, seeing Lorenzo sound asleep on the bed, her being at the end part of the bed and him being on the inside part of the bed next to the wall. His blonde hair is disheveled lightly, his eyes slowly opening as he yawns, making his pacifier fall from his mouth, Susan being met with his ice blue eyes.

He's a mini copy of Sam.

Susan smiles softly at him. "Hey you." She smiles, Lorenzo staring at her as she leans down to give him a soft kiss on his forehead, a sleepy look being in his eyes. "Not wanting to go back to sleep? Hmm?" She picks him up, putting her in between her cris crossed legs, putting his pacifier back in his mouth. "Yeah I don't wanna either...wanna go to the roof?" She asks, Lorenzo sucking on his pacifier while reaching for the butterfly on her shirt. "Yeah let's go up to the roof."

Susan picks him up, her holding him with her arm while her other hand opens the window above her in her room, her going to use the small ladder on the wall to climb out, her closing the window back when she is on top of the Motorhome, her being met with the large vast field of grass, them being at a camp site kind of place, it being quiet, desolate and remote, the perfect place to be for them.

The warm breeze is amazing against Susan's skin, her sitting down cris crossed on top of the Motorhome and putting Lorenzo in between her, her hand softly going through his hair.

The past year and a half has been...different but successful since she hasn't been found by Sam. Luciano visits occasionally to see how they are when he goes on business trips on his own in order to not cause suspicion, and Susan loves those times, her missing him like no other. They have grown closer to each other, them making it a point to talk on the phone often, Susan easily calling Luciano one of her best friends, even as far as a brother.