Ch. 56: I know who you are

(1 week later....)

~~~~~

~~~~~

"No one has tried to come to the house asking you questions about us right?" Susan asks, her being in the hotel room with Brett, her being in just some night shorts and a tank top, her hair up in a messy bun. "Like...Sam...hasn't come up there?"

"Trust me I wish he would." Terrence replies. "All I need is an excuse to kill his ass. If he steps on my property that gives me a good enough reason."

Susan rolls her eyes. "Dad I'm being serious."

"Trust me I am too. This is OutLands sweetheart, we don't play around here."

"Yeah true." Susan rubs her face, Brett coming out of the bathroom.

"I'm fine Susan, I'm alright."

"Okay." Susan replies. "Well I love you Dad, I'm going to go on and get some sleep. We just got settled in the room, we're gonna eat then just go to sleep for the rest of the day."

"Okay, call me in the morning okay?"

"I will."

"And I love you too."

Susan smiles softly, her going to hang up the phone. "You talked to Jared at all?"

"I have." Brett answers.

"What about Sasha and Mikayla?"

"Mikayla was able to call, they just have to play things safe she told me to avoid getting caught."

Susan sighs out, a stressed expression crossing on her face. "Brett I don't like this. I don't want them there I feel like they're in danger."

"I know and I expressed your concern to Jared. Trust me he isn't going to let anything happen to them." Brett goes to stand in front of her. "Stop stressing so hard. It isn't good for the baby."

"I just wish they came with us." Susan's voice cracks. "I can't have anything happen to them Brett I can't."

"Nothing will happen to them." Brett shakes his head. "Now come on stand here, I want to show you something."

"What?" Susan asks.

"Here take this." Brett hands her the gun, Susan's eyes widening. "Just for precaution Susan, you need to learn how to hold it right."