Ch. 34: Death Anniversaries

~~~~~

~~~~~

Susan's eyes slowly begin to open, her arms being under the soft pillow under her head, her being laid on her stomach. She gets her eyes fully open, her rubbing them to see that she is alone in the bed.

That is when she hears the shower water turn off, Susan going to raise up while releasing a soft yawn. She appreciates last night, more than Sam will ever know. She didn't feel like talking so he didn't, but at the same time he didn't take her request to stay with him as an invitation for sex. He let her lay with him, even rubbed and lightly scratched her back to sleep.

Susan raises up fully, her bringing her knees up and her arms wrapping around her legs, her leaning her head against her pressed knees. She knows she just has to get through today then she is on a private jet back to Europe, her just wanting to leave this country as soon as possible.

She looks towards the cracked bathroom door when it opens, Sam adjusting his towel around his waist. Water droplets run down his very large frame, his hand going through his damp dirty blonde hair, his icy blue gaze setting on Susan.

"Morning." Sam greets.

"Hi." She greets back.

"The car is already ready for you Brett and your father." Sam looks down at his phone. "As soon as you all are done the guard will take you back here to the jet and we'll leave here."

"Where will you be?"

"I have something to take care of." Sam responds. "You'll see me when you arrive at the jet for when we leave."

Susan nods in reply, her going to get up and head over to the door. "Thanks for....last night."

Sam gives a nod of acknowledgment, him watching her leave out of the door.

Susan goes over to her room, her going over to her bathroom and beginning to shower. She doesn't even know why she is dreading today but she does, her just wishing that she can go on and get on back to Europe, but she must go on and do this. She promised herself no matter what she would go to Danny's grave, it has been four years since she went to his grave on his Death Anniversary and it has been so long since she visited her own mothers grave as well.

After she gets done Susan goes to dress in simple light blue overall's that comes to her upper thigh, it fitting her snug like and clinging at the right places, her having a white tank top under it, her slipping on some scandals and her going to put her hair up, only applying a little makeup to her face.

She stares at herself in the mirror, her seeing the distant expression in her eyes. The words of Neil ring in her mind over and over, the words that causes pings in her heart.