Ch. 4: The Job

~~~~~

~~~~~

"This is Harold speaking. We will be landing in about five minutes. If you are not seated with your seatbelt on please do so to prepare for landing." Harold states over the loud speaker.

"When we arrive to the Villa we will have an hour to settle in then we will meet up in my office to discuss the plan of the job." Sam states.

"Yes, boss." They all answer unanimously with the exception of Susan.

Susan sits in one of the chairs, her just aimlessly looking out of the window to her left, her having an evident glare on her face with her arms being crossed.

Her mind drifts off to her friends, to her family. Were they not concerned that they haven't heard from her in a week.

Or....

Susan looks towards her phone when it rings, her looking at the caller ID before putting it to her ear. "Hey Brett."

"Hey sis! How is clubbing going?"

"Since when do you call me sis?" Susan asks.

"I....might be a little drunk."

"Of course you are." Susan rolls her eyes, putting her purse chain over her shoulder. "What do you mean come outside?"

"I have a surprise for you."

"Please don't tell me you took a flight all the way here Brett." Susan states as she leaves out of the bathroom, her going to go towards the exit door. "Are you here? Please don't tell me you brought Dad."

"No I didn't bring him. Just come outside and come behind it."

That wasn't even Brett.

She doesn't know how she is only thinking of it right now. She knew something was a little off when he called her sis, because he never calls her that because he knows that she isn't for nicknames such as those, and even if she was Brett is to....Brett to call her that, him not being the nickname type.

But Jared Mikayla and Sasha, surely they all had to notice that she didn't come back from the bathroom that night and that she wasn't at her apartment for a straight week.

Right?

She feels a stab in her heart from the mere thought, because she really does consider them her real genuine friends, her not having genuine friends in such a long time, and it honestly hurts her if that is the case. Granted, she does know that sometimes she will tell them she needs time to herself because even though she is outspoken and confident because of what she does career wise, she is still indeed a introvert and needs her alone time every now and again.