Ch. 99: Checking in with the Sinclair's

Lucas stands in the gym room fighting Eddie, him dodging and blocking all of Eddie's attacks that he tries to throw his way, Charles, Caesar and Wayne observing them as they fight as well as some others.

"Come on, Eddie! A fifteen year old has been bringing you down every single day it seems like!" Wayne calls out.

"I'm trying—ow!" Eddie falls down on the ground hard. "Owwwwwwww."

Wayne just slaps his hand against his forehead with closed eyes while Caesar and Charles both laugh.

"Well technically you can't judge winning a fight by age or size." Dustin comments.

"Yeah because if you fight strategically and study the persons weak points, low moments and—"

"Dustin, Suzie." Charles starts. "As much as I love how incredibly smart you guys are please...you alls scientific and professional rants sometimes give me a headache."

"Basically age and size doesn't matter." Suzie shrugs.

"Well since Lucas's mental age is like fifty and his size is like Hercules for a fifteen year old I'd say he isn't all of that." Erica shrugs.

"Shut up, Erica!" Lucas exclaims madly.

"Guys please don't start." Charles says exasperated. "You both fight everyday, give it a break."

"Yeah give it a break!" Kendall rolls his eyes.

Charles and Sue had three children. Lucas being the firstborn and him being fifteen, Erica being the second child and her being eleven, then Kendall being the youngest and him being nine years old. Caesar and Claudia Henderson had Dustin and Tracy and Philip Bingham had Suzie as well as Eden and five other children. And since Eddie's parents were hopeless drunks and drug addicts....Wayne Munson...his uncle took him in when he was very young.

"You too, Ken! Shut up I'm concentrating!" Lucas exclaims.

"You all leave the poor guy alone, we all know his anger issues is worse than mine and Charles's." Charles senior comes inside of the gym.

"It gets more worse as the bloodline passes down." Charles sighs. "Lucas you are fighting very well, but in order to become my Underboss you need to learn how to control your anger and keep it under a tight leash. Trust me I had to learn too, Dad taught me the same thing."

"What helped you, Dad?" Lucas asks exasperated.

Charles thinks about the question. "Well before your mother came along it was the desire to be a good leader. I didn't want to dictate my people, I wanted to lead by example and I wanted them to respect me. Because when you have respect you have loyalty, and when you have loyalty you have a tight band of people that will never betray you. That is what you want to be when you become leader Lucas, that is what I want from you."

"Well I think I may have found my calling to release my anger and pent in energy." Lucas says. "You know the cartels?"

"The Hopper and Wheeler cartels?" Charles asks.

"Yes." Lucas replies. "Nancy Wheeler...which is Ted and Karen's first daughter owns a secret underground fighting ring, and she invited me to become a shadow to fight in the ring."

"What the hell is a shadow?" Erica asks.

"A fighter." Lucas replies. "But they are called shadows because their identities are never known, they must wear a mask and never tell their identity."

Charles thinks about it for a moment. "The Hopper's and the Wheeler's are at war as of right now, son. I do hear that Hopper's daughter....I believe Jane is her name has agreed to marry.....damn what was his name again?"