Ch. 26: Dealing With Stress

~~~~~

~~~~~

Susan and Brett come inside of the hospital, the bodyguards going to guard around the hospital and inside of it as well, some even going up to the roof to guard. Susan and Brett both go to the receptionist desk at the front.

"Hi good evening." Brett greets, the woman just looking up at him. "We're here to see a patient, my father."

"Visiting hours are over in an hour." The woman states.

"Which means we have an hour left so what's the damn room number?" Susan questions irritably.

"Susan." Brett lightly scolds.

"Name?" The woman questions.

"Terrance Milling." Brett answers, him tapping his fingers against the counter as the woman looks at her computer screen, both of them occasionally seeing her type and click a few times on her mouse, Susan just rolling her eyes after a few seconds.

"Third floor, room 3003." The woman states.

"Thanks." They both say, both of them going to the elevator and Brett clicking on the number three button.

Susan's heart begins to beat more faster and faster as the elevator begins to ride up. The last thing she saw her father or really even spoken to him was four years ago, her not bothering to visit him or answer his phone calls when she went on the run after Neil, her being so hurt and angered and closed in during those times.

But now she's scared.

She wishes she did answer those phone calls, or at least tried to visit him despite the risk of Neil finding her.

She looks when Brett puts a hand on her shoulder, sending her a soft reassuring smile. "It's going to be okay." Brett tells her. "He'll be happy to see you."

Susan nods, her going to leave out of the elevator with Brett when the elevator doors ding and open at the same time.

The woman looks at Terrence while he lays asleep in the hospital, the monitors beeping showing his heartbeat. She takes a little shaky breath, her hand going to her chest.

"I'm so sorry....."

"Doctor Lenny."

The doctor turns around, her smiling softly at Brett. "Mister Milling, Misses Milling."

"Please just Brett." He says.

Doctor Lenny nods, her looking back over at Terrence. "He's stable."