Ch. 74: Suffocation Pit

"Apparently Ryan's wife and daughter is alive." Maxine mentions, her being with Brett in the hallway of the second floor of the Villa, her back being against the wall with him in front of her, his forearm being leaned against the wall above her head.

"How though?" Brett asks. "I thought he killed them."

"Apparently not." Maxine shrugs. "If that's the case we need to figure out how the hell that video made it seem as though he shot and killed them, because it looked pretty realistic to me."

"I mean it is the twenty first century, can't anyone make a video according to how they want?"

"That was way too realistic." Maxine says. "I already let Rita know, they are looking more into it now."

Brett nods his head, him going to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "You thought about what I said?"

"About...us?" Maxine questions, Brett nodding his head. "I don't know, Brett. I'm sure you know by now how my brother is."

"You going to spend all of your life like this Maxine? Putting your wants and needs on hold and hiding it away because of him and how he might react?" Brett asks. "You do know how wrong that is right?"

"Yeah but he's my brother, he's protected me when no one else did, even when my own father didn't and my mother wasn't around to protect me anymore." Maxine replies. "I'm not saying you're wrong Brett I'm just....I don't know."

"I want you Maxine, like for real. Not just sexually but as a relationship." Brett admits. "I like you, I really do."

Maxine smiles softly, feeling a little blush creep onto her cheeks. "I like you too."

Brett comes closer to her, his other arm snaking around her waist, her hands going to his chest while their foreheads go against each other's.

"Things are just so complicated right now." She whispers softly. "I don't know what to do."

"I do."

Maxine kisses him back when Brett goes to kiss her, her hands going to his cheeks to bring him in closer, him putting her more against the wall as he kisses her.

"And what the fuck is this?!"

Maxine's eyes widen as her and Brett pull away, both of them looking at Sam as he stares at them with a clear maddening expression with his arms crossed. "Sam..." she trails off.

"Why the fuck are you kissing and touching up on my sister?!" Sam exclaims at Brett.

"Because I like her." Brett simply answers.

"Brett—"

"The fuck you just say?!"

"You heard me." Brett replies. "And she likes me too. Therefore we like each other, so I see no reason why we shouldn't kiss and touch each other—"

"Brett please!" Maxine interrupts.

Sam feels all of his anger begin to flare up, his fist going to clench hard as he stares at Brett with a bloodshot maddening expression.

Susan lays asleep in the bed, Lorenzo sleeping soundly in his cradle, Susan's hand being on the cradle lightly as she sleeps.

"Pst."

"Counselor."

"Susan."

"Wake up!"

Susan lightly jumps awake, her staring at Esther with confused eyes.

"Sorry to wake you girl but we got a problem." Esther says. "Sam is beating up on your brother."

"What?!" Susan exclaims while quickly getting up from the bed. "Why?!"