Ch. 28: Jackpot

~~~~~

~~~~~

Charles sits in his office, the office door being open ahead of him, bringing in the light of the house. He sits in his usual attire of a black suit, his phone being to his ear with his laptop opened in front of him on the desk, his father Charles Senior the first sitting in the large office room with him, him being on the couch.

"Boss." Caesar comes inside of the office.

"Yes all shipments and containers for this week should be completed, I need a damn week off to clear my fucking head." Charles says over the phone. "Perfect. Thanks." He says before hanging up. "Yes, Caesar?"

"Just a few things." Caesar starts. "Tracy and Philip are still working on the Bingham IT system to put around in all systems in the country, which of course due to that large assignment it is definitely going to take some time."

"That's fine, I want them to work hard at it but at the same time not tire themselves out." Charles states. "This project completion means that we would be able to find people that we are looking for way more easier now and it will save us less time with sending men out, but assure them to not work themselves to exhaustion when it comes to it."

"I mean it is a very big project, it should be taken very seriously." Charles Senior states. "If they want to constantly spend twenty four hours a day working on it then I say go for it."

"Shut it, father! Last time I checked I'm the fucking boss! Stop interrupting me!" Charles states firmly while standing up.

"You don't talk to your father that way!"

"I just did, asshole!" Charles replies angrily, Charles Senior just rolling his eyes. "Anyways thanks Caesar, that'll be all."

"There's something else, boss." Caesar says.

"Go on."

"I called our contact at the Florida Hospital where Mister Mayfield is." Caesar starts. "The story adds up, Susan and Brett Milling are there to see their father Terrence Milling because he suffered from a stroke. Mister Mayfield is there to give protection to the lawyer since pretty much the whole underworld of Europe wants her."

"Perfect, yes as I said if he was up to something shady he wouldn't have come to me personally." Charles shrugs, a glare setting on Charles Senior's face. "Is that it, Caesar?"

"Ted Wheeler has called, asking about making an alliance with us to take down the Hopper's." Caesar states.

"Absolutely the fuck not! What is wrong with that guy?!" Charles exclaims. "No we have been without enemies for a good amount of time and I'm not about to jeopardize my people because of this gang war of theirs!"