Ch. 68: KingPin Anonymous

~~~~~

~~~~~

Sam sits in his office leaned back, Santiago standing at his right side with his hands clasped behind him. Sam goes to pour the rest of the bottle of scotch in his glass, him going to take his cigarette out of his mouth, holding it in between his fingers.

"I don't like this." Sam comments.

"What other choice do we have?" Santiago asks.

"We could just hire someone else."

"Brett is one of the best, he does really well on his jobs." Santiago states. "Plus I really do not think we have time to find someone to hire."

Sabrina and Maxine come inside of the office along with Brett, his face being bruised and him clutching his stomach, him lightly limping over to the chair in front of the desk.

Brett grunts as he slowly sits down, Sabrina and Maxine being behind him at each side of the chair, a clear uncomfortable expression being on Brett's face from Maxine's onslaught.

Never will he think that girls aren't stronger than guys.

"Brett." Sam acknowledges. "You don't look to good."

"Yeah well, guess that's what a few weeks in the pits will do." Brett answers.

"Mhm, definitely not a fun place to be. I made sure of that for the treat of my enemies." Sam replies, him taking a long drag out of his cigarette. "But lucky enough for you desperate times causes for desperate measures. You have an opportunity to not spend your days in the pits."

"I'm listening."

"I have someone that is choosing to fuck with me, which doesn't end well for the ones that choose to, I'm sure you and your sister know that by now." Sam starts. "So until I find this bastard I need you to do jobs for me, jobs to stock up on firearms and explosives for some recent orders for my regular clients. Give him the list, San."

Brett looks at the list that Santiago gives to him, looking down at the different amounts of weapons listed.

"Think you can get all of those?" Sam asks.

"Oh I know I can." Brett replies. "I'll accept...under a condition."

"You really think you are in the position to be making conditions?"

"I mean you are the one asking for my help, aren't I just a traitor?" Brett rhetorically questions, Maxine really wanting to slap him right now in this moment. "If I am this 'traitor' or 'enemy' that you say since I am under the Omertà law then why ask me for help in the first place?"