Ch. 17: Consequences

~~~~~

~~~~~

"Honey I'm leaving out!" The woman says as she goes to leave out of the door. "Make sure the kids make it to soccer practice on time before you head off to work."

"Will do, babe!" The man responds, him putting on his suit jacket and his detective badge on, him being in the kitchen making his coffee.

He picks up his phone when it rings, him answering it and putting it to his ear. "Hey Jared."

"Hey Daniel." Jared answers. "You coming for lunch?"

"Ah shit." Daniel looks down at his watch. "I'll just meet you at the office man. I have to still drop my kids off to soccer practice. Sorry I completely spaced out about lunch."

"No worries I'll just ask Susan to join me. I'll see you at the office."

"Alright." Daniel says before ending the call.

Daniel looks towards the bedroom door when he hears a light thud. "Kids?!" He calls out.

"Almost done, Dad!" They call out from upstairs.

"Wait you guys are upstairs?!" He calls out.

"Yep be down in a minute!"

Daniel looks back towards the room, him going over to the room and slowly opening the door, him just shaking his head with a smile when he sees a purse down on the floor with a cat next to it. "Sprinkles. You know momma would kill you if she saw you messing with one of her purses—"

Daniel doesn't get to finish before someone comes up behind him and slices his neck, Daniel holding his neck with widened shocked eyes, him falling down on the ground while desperately holding onto his neck, him seeing a man sized figurine in all black, including a black mask.

The man goes to pull up Daniel's shirt, Daniel slowly falling dead as the man carves a name into the man's skin on his stomach, before going to hop out of the window and leave out of the house.

"Dad!" The two girls come downstairs. "We're ready."

"Where is he?"

"I dunno." One of them shrug, them heading for the bedroom door. "Dad we're—"

Both of the girls eyes widen when they see Daniel laid on the ground dead, both of them screaming out loudly and in terror at the scene, both of them seeing the one name that is carved into his stomach with a knife.

Sam Mayfield.

~~~~~

Music plays in Susan's room as her, Mikayla, Sasha and Maxine sit in the room together, all of them being on the large king sized bed, Maxine slowly painting Sasha's toe nails, Mikayla and Sasha slowly taking their face masks off, all of them being in robes.