Ch. 77: Vulnerability

"Well hello little guy! I have missed you it has been way too long." Luciano smiles as Brett hands Lorenzo to him, him being in the room with Brett and Susan.

"He has missed you too, Luca." Susan smiles softly while staring at the scene.

"You've missed me little guy? You have?! Oh of course you have!" Luciano says in a deep playful voice, Lorenzo giggling as Luciano tickles him.

"Hey I'm gonna go see Maxine for a little bit." Brett says to Susan.

"Okay." Susan replies, Brett going to leave out of the room.

Sabrina gets done putting on her leather jacket, her picking up her keys and going to leave out of her room, her going to knock on Maxine's door. "Maxine?! I'm off to chase that lead on Ryan's daughter."

"Okay!" Maxine calls out.

"You sure you don't want to come with?"

"No I'm fine. I'll be fine here."

"I don't want you alone, Maxine."

"I know, I told Auntie Rita you're leaving so she'll be coming over to check up on me, and Brett is coming over." Maxine says. "I'll be fine. I promise."

"Alright." Sabrina replies.

Sabrina goes to leave out of the one story simple house, it being in a remote little desolate kind of area, her going to straddle her bike as Brett's car pulls in front of the house, him leaving out of the car.

"She's inside." Sabrina states while starting up her bike and putting on her helmet.

"Thanks."

"And Brett?"

"Yeah?"

"If you get her pregnant I'll kill you."

Brett furrows his eyebrows while Sabrina goes to drive off on her motorcycle. "I actually pull out." He murmurs to himself simply before going over to the door.

Maxine goes to put her robe on, her running a hand through her damp blonde hair as she goes over to the door when a knock is heard on it, her opening the door and smiling softly when she sees Brett. "Hey."

"Hey." He comes inside. "Nice simple place."

"Yeah it's one of Sabrina's hideouts." Maxine replies.

"You smell nice."

"Thanks."

Brett smiles softly at her. "I hate to be the person who asks the typical question but...how are you doing?"

Maxine sighs slowly. "It hurts, but I think this is necessary. I can't keep running back to him and telling him it's okay because it's enabling him to keep acting the same way he has been acting. I need this time away from him and hopefully....that'll get him to realize what he has been doing wrong."

"Well he let Mikayla and Sasha go so I think something is getting through his thick skull."

"Really?!"

"Yep, they just left about twenty minutes ago." Brett replies.

"Wow." Maxine nods. "Yeah normally he isn't one for loose ends but....that's....that's progress."

"Yeah."

"How's Susan? Enzo?"

"They're good."

Maxine softly nods, her arms going to cross a little. "Wish I could go to the gardens right now in the Villa and just sing. I always do that when I'm feeling down and out, either that or go to my mother's tombstone and sing or just talk to her. She loved it when I singed to her, so I always try and make it a point to sing."