Ch. 7: A Deal with the Devil

~~~~~

~~~~~

A wicked...devils smile.

What did she get herself into?

Susan still stands in the middle of the gold room, her hands gripping the binder to try and keep some sanity with her, her trying not to show her nervousness but she knows it is inevitable, it is impossible not to grow nervous under his intense stare.

It just seems like his eyes pierces through her soul, staring right into it. She makes sure to hold it gaze even though she wants to look away. Her skin grows hot under his stare, tingles of nerves form, it makes her fingers fiddle with the binder subtly. The hairs on her neck are completely upright, a little lump forming in her throat that she quietly swallows.

And as much as she tries to hide it from him he knows it is effecting her, because the sly grin on his face grows more. It is a fiery gaze, her never seeing eyes such as his. She cannot form the words that she came in here to speak, her brain having difficulty remembering why she is even here.

"Car got your tongue, Amore?" He questions, him blowing smoke out of his mouth. "I asked you a question."

Susan clears her throat. "I...I finished what you told me to do. Apparently based on sources and research this guy has been stealing the land from the deed owners and having falsified contracts forged for the owners to sign, and when I made a call to the previous owners they all thought it was a promotion business offer he was making them sign, which they read over and signed. So my guess is that he took a contract stating what they wanted, made them sign it but probably used some kind of technology to falsify the contract and put what he wanted on it, changing it up to a forged one with their signature on it, that way whenever he showed it to courts it would show that they 'legally' signed the lands over to him."

Sam hums in reply, him motioning his fingers in a come here motion. Susan hesitates for a moment before she goes over to him, him motioning towards the binder and Susan going to give it to him.

Sam goes to open it, him holding the cigarette in between his lips as he looks through the documents and her notes. After a minute he looks up at her. "So you think he's making them sign a legitimate business promotion contract then forging a fake legal contract out of it?"

"Yes, with some kind of technology to be sure that the legal binding is on it. That would explain how every single contact of the previous owners said the contract was about a business promotion, all of them saying how they read it over before signing." Susan explains. "They all said how they wouldn't have signed over their land."

Sam nods his head in approval, him closing the binder and setting it on the table beside her. "Such a brilliant soul you are. You think that's going to be enough for you in the trial?"