Ch. 20: Apprehension

~~~~~

~~~~~

So many states.

So many places

To no avail.

But that will explain how he was able to find her every single time no matter where she went.

He's US Marshall.

And she knows with being US Marshall you have access to different kinds of equipment that normal police officers and detectives do not get access to. It would explain no matter where she tried to hide....

He always found her.

Just like he found her today.

It just lets her know it doesn't matter where she runs, it doesn't matter where she hides, he will always be able to find her.

Just like he told her he would.

"Susan." Brett states. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Susan sits with Brett at the booth, him asking her for them to go to lunch while they were in the room. She just told him how it was the reason of Daniel's passing that she cried and how she just felt for the family, her sympathizing with their lost. Brett bought it because both of them themselves know how that lost feels like, her deciding to go on and go to lunch with him to avoid any suspicion with him.

She would love to tell Brett about Neil, the things that he did but she can't. For one, she doesn't want him getting hurt by him, especially knowing the powerful position that Neil holds. And also she knows despite Brett knowing that he is US Marshall he wouldn't care, he would still try and find Neil to beat him and that would result in him being sent off to jail, and Susan cannot lose her brother.

She can't lose another brother.

She can't lose anyone else.

"I'm okay, Brett." Susan smiles softly at him. "It's just everything."

Brett slowly nods his head, both of them smiling in thanks as the waitress sets down their plates. "I'm sure Jared will come around."

"You don't think Sam killed the detective?" Susan begins cutting her steak.

"Nah." Brett answers. "It's like you said....he wouldn't risk himself like that. Killing and putting your name on the body is putting a target on your back...and Sam doesn't strike me as that type so...it has to be that someone is framing him, trying to put him behind bars."