Ch. 1: The Brightest Counselor

(A year and a half later....)

~~~~~

~~~~~

"It is time now for the last intermission. Please return back here in fifteen to give the jury time to reach a verdict." The judge states, before slamming his gavel against the mallet on the table.

Everyone begins to disperse out of the courtroom, Susan's heels sounding against the hard tiled floor as she walks down the hallway, her going over to the coffee machines and going to make her some more coffee, her being in work attire of a black pencil skirt and a white blouse and white heels, her long curly ginger hair being down her back.

"Oh my god girlll!" Mikayla, one of her best friends comes over to her.

"You are like such a daddy in that courtroom." Sasha, another one of her best friends comes over to her from the other side.

"Sasha I told you to stop calling me that." Susan laughs.

"It's true!" Sasha defends. "Your confidence radiates off you, babe. That's a good thing."

"I so hope that you win against this arrogant ass drug lord." Mikayla states. "I mean obviously he is the biggest dealer in this country, you know the reputation that would bring to you if you win this case, Susan?"

"The killer of criminals, in a legal way of course." Sasha smiles.

"And not only that...this will be your one year streak of winning case after case." Mikayla squeals.

Susan smiles more as she leans back against the table while sipping on her coffee. The past year and a half has been a very good one, her actually being happy. The recommendation letter from her prior boss in Georgia paid off because a job was given to her. Of course there were doubts because of her age but Susan has impressed the whole firm with her streak of winning case after case she has taken, her also getting herself a nice apartment for herself too.

And something else she is thankful for...having Sasha and Mikayla here with her too, both of them being her best friends. She has never really had much friends so she cherishes them greatly because of that, all of them always together like the three musketeers.

"Yeah winning would really do me nicely." Susan nods her head. "And the money of putting away these types of criminals is absolutely amazing. If I do win this...then I am going to start on more cases such as these."

"Like making it your occupation to put away like high end criminals?"

"Yep." Susan smiles. "This is the most I have ever made, plus it is not only helping me, it is helping the whole world."