Ch. 70: Completing Missions

~~~~~

~~~~~

Brett begins to slowly open his eyes, him going to roll over to his front, seeing Maxine pulling up her black jeans, her back being turned to him as she buttons up her pants.

"Yeah we are going to go on and get done what we need to do today and we'll be on over there soon. Probably not until late tonight going into early morning tomorrow." Maxine explains. "All of the military cargo should be there at the base warehouse around noon so we'll approach then. Yeah yeah we'll be careful I know Sam, trust me I know."

Brett goes to get up, his arms going around Maxine from behind, bringing her more closer to him. Maxine permits the action, her leaning back against him.

"Yeah I'll make sure to contact you after, I'll be fine Sam." Maxine assures. "I don't have these cursed blue eyes for a reason." She says before hanging up.

"Cursed blue eyes." Brett comments. "Why do you all call it that?"

"Because these eyes are a curse, technically speaking." Maxine replies. "All that had or have these eyes....havoc always follows them or they cause enough chaos to form their own havoc, we won't be able to escape it no matter what with these eyes. My father caused havoc, I try and not cause as much but even still....me killing Ryan's mom drove him to seek revenge, even killing his own family to be untouchable....and Sam....well....." she trails off. "He kind of causes his own chaos, which makes more havoc follow him. Plus if you have these eyes it means you have a temper as well."

"You don't really have a temper." Brett comments.

"Yeah because I know how to control it." Maxine replies. "I mastered it, but....recently I haven't been and I'm not proud of myself for that."

"You should give yourself more credit."

Maxine slowly opens her eyes, her turning around to face him. Her arms wrap around his neck, their foreheads almost leaning against each other's. "What is this, Brett?"

"What is what?"

"I mean us, what are we?" She asks. "I mean...are we friends with benefits...."

"I use to be that kind of guy, but not anymore." Brett shakes his head. "I use to dabble in a lot of drugs, screw women and just leave them in the dust after but that kind of life Maxine it's...its not fun and fulfilling and it definitely doesn't make me happy and I don't want that. I actually want to settle with someone, actually grow to fall in love with someone, have a partner at my side....and honestly I would like for that to be you."

Maxine can't help but smile, her cheeks heating up. "But...what about my brother?"

"He has to accept the fact that you are a grown ass adult."