Ch. 57: Insider Assistance

~~~~~

~~~~~

Brett quickly turns and gets on a service road, him having a panicked expression on his face as he does. Susan is in the passenger seat, her releasing heavy breath taking sobs with her hand on her chest, blood being on her hands and some on her shirt.

"Susan." Brett glances over at her, seeing how her other hand grips the car handle. "I need you to calm down."

Susan can barely hear him. The ringing of the seatbelt alarm letting her know hers isn't on rings in her ear, and it starts to sound like the ringing she heard in her ears when she fired the gun. The memory just makes her cry harder, it slowly becoming hard to breathe for her because of the constant sobs and cries.

Her heart feels like it is sinking in the deep ocean, water going through her lungs, it feels like she is drowning in her sorrow, in her remorse.

"Susan!"

Brett pulls the car over, him turning on the signal lights before cradling her face, Susan beginning to breathe heavily to try and control her breaths and breathe out but it becomes harder, her clutching onto her chest. "Just breathe, I need you to breathe Susan."

"Brett I didn't mean it! I didn't mean it I swear!" Susan sobs. "He just kept coming closer and closer and I panicked I didn't mean to I didn't mean to!"

"I know, I know." He brings her in for a hug, letting her sob hard against his chest. "I know, but you need to calm down, you need to breathe okay?" He says in a soft tone. "Shhh it's okay, it's going to be okay alright? It's going to be okay."

"What if I killed him? What if I killed him Brett I can't handle that! I can't handle that!"

"Shhh, it's okay."

Susan just shakes her head, screwing her eyes shut to try and get the scene out of her head. She hopes desperately she didn't kill him, because she knows that guilt will haunt her forever.

As well as him.

"You going to shoot me, then fucking shoot me." Sam states. "You might want to, because you are not getting things easy when you come back with me. Even if you fucking shoot me dead Susan I will fucking haunt you until the end of your days."

Susan feels herself cry harder, because she knows he will, he will torment her until the day she dies, and even in death she is sure he will find a way. She knows he doesn't take betrayal lightly, he won't take this lightly and that is what she fears the absolute most.

That dead or alive...

She will never be safe.

Her head starts to pound, she knows her mind will even help him with tormenting her, worrying her about the worst case scenario when it comes to things.