Ch. 49: Proceeding to Plan?

~~~~~

~~~~~

Sam sits in his office on his chair, him being leaned back a little. The view of the beautiful city of Sicily is behind him, Sabrina standing in the office with her arms crossed, in front of the chair in the office, her just getting done telling him about the events that happened at Jared's place.

Sam takes his cigarette out of his mouth, him staring down at it as he blows out the smoke. "So she was being difficult, eh?"

"It's not a big deal." Sabrina shrugs. "Nothing I can't handle."

Sam just smiles, him looking over at Sabrina. "You growing a soft spot for her?"

"What?" Sabrina scrunches up her face in confusion.

"Any other time you would be mad at someone putting their hands on you. And now it isn't a big deal?"

"Because the woman is all bark, and has a little bite." Sabrina answers. "I don't 'do' soft spots." She quotes.

Sam hums a little. "Not the end of the world, Sabrina." He goes to stand up. "I have a soft spot for her too."

"Then you do you but this isn't a soft spot."

"A fuck spot then?"

Sabrina rolls her eyes. "She ain't my type."

"I can't believe you both!"

Sabrina and Sam both look towards the door when it opens, Maxine coming inside and closing the door with an evident angered expression on her face.

"I keep telling you not to eavesdrop." Sam points at her.

"Shiver me timbers, Sam." She says sarcastically with crossed arms. "Ordering her to go to Jared's to send him a message? Seriously?! And you!" She points at Sabrina. "Assaulting a detective! What if he goes and rants to his buddies?!"

"He won't." Sabrina simply answers.

"You don't know that!"

"I do."

"You don't!"

"I do."

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do."

"Maxine enough." Sam states firmly. "You need to stop barging in here."