Chapter 1- Welcome to Hogwarts

OK so the image above is a drawing that I (yes me) did of my idea of young Saige. And that is on my Instagram art
account, so if you want too, you can follow me. Its  @ silenthproductions

xx Syd

"Saige Lilian Walker, you get down here right now young lady!" I heard my mother scream from the kitchen. I smiled; I knew I wasn't in that much trouble, she was just trying to get me to unload the dishes. Even when she could just wave her wand and do it without lifting a finger. I hated it, but hey, I was getting paid and my secret wish was to be able to buy this new guitar, so any money I was getting counted. I ran down the stairs of our two-story house, jumping down the last five.

"Sorry mom, I'm coming!" I called as I heard my mom start to yell again. As I rounded the corner, my long dark brown hair whipping around me, I skidded to a stop. My eleven-year-old body was panting, running across the house and down the stairs took a few breaths out of me.

"Good sweetie, then will you check the owls for your Hogwart's letters and lists?" she asked, drying her hands on the towel by the kitchen.

I smiled, it was my first year going to Hogwarts and I was just waiting for my letter. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Even the name was pretty. As I started to put the dishes away, I could hear my dad bewitching the mess in the living room to clean up. Yes, I said bewitching. Ah, you're probably really confused. Well, let's start from the beginning eh?

My name is Saige Lilian Walker, and I am eleven years old. I have brown eyes, (with a little green here and there) flecked with gold, that are similar to my father's; long brown hair that falls just past my elbows that came from my mother; and a tan complexion and a face dotted with occasional freckles. I live with my mother, Sherran Levi Walker, father, Sean Luke Walker and older 16-year-old brother, Sam Lyn Walker. Yeah, I know, all of our initials spell SLW. My parents planned that. We are all wizards and witches. Yes, we can do magic - well my parents and my brother can. My parents are Aurors at the Ministry of Magic, the wizarding government, and they help organize the schools and taxing methods. My brother going to start his sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry whereas I will be starting for the very first time. Yes, Hogwarts, the school that trains young witches and wizards in the arts of magic. No muggles know about it, or should I say, non-magic folk. We call them muggles. That's all you really need to know for now, I'll try to explain as much as possible when things get confusing. And trust me, they will.

When I got my letter in the mail later that day, I let out an involuntary shriek; I was finally going to Hogwarts. My parents congratulated me and my brother lifted me in the air and slung me over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes.

"Sam! Put me down you butt!" I cried, frantically kicking but still laughing in his grip.

"Oh no, you're going to stay up there for a while, unless you want me to drop you?" he cut back. I started to whine but then ended up bursting into laughter.

"Okay Sam, put Saige down. Sweetie, please go pack up, we are going to head down to Diagon Alley to go get your stuff. Sam, please put your guy's stuff into the trunk of the car." My mother said sternly, but a smile was spreading across her lips.

Sam reluctantly set me down, and I scrambled up the stairs. I had been packing and re-packing for days, just waiting for the day to get to go to Diagon Alley for myself. Every year I had to go with my parents for my brother, but then watch him board the Hogwarts Express and not see him for months and months to come. But finally, finally, it was my turn. We had to drive to a long distance Floo Network fireplace, because we lived in the South of France and couldn't reach the Floo Network. My parents couldn't apparate us, however, cause I was too small. So, every year we had a three-hour drive to a small wizard tavern in the middle of freaking nowhere, and then we took the Floo Network to the Leaky Cauldron.

After an excruciatingly long drive and Floo Powder transport, we finally got to the Leaky Cauldron and entered Diagon Alley, I was bursting with excitement. Running from store to store with my brother while my parents got some money out of our Gringott's vault, I looked for the things on my list for Hogwarts. Finally after buying loads and loads of books, tools, cauldrons, trinkets, and even some wizarding candy, we finally walked into Ollivander's Wand Shop, for me to get my wand. It was quiet, dark and dusty, but my brother, who was with me at the time, simply called out, "Mr. Ollivander?" and the place responded by giving a quiet creak. An old man stepped out from the shadows and smiled.

"Ah, Miss Walker, I wondered when you would be here. Your brother was here six years ago, and told me about his 5-year-old sister counting her days till Hogwarts." I smiled; he was telling the truth. The first five years that Sam got to go to Hogwarts had left me complaining and begging to get to come with him. "Well, let's find you a wand shall we?" Mr. Ollivander smiled warmly. 

He searched through a few drawers, then finally pulled out a dusty yellow box. Pulling out the wand, he handed it to me.

"Wave it, let's see how it likes you." I waved the wand, then jumped as a rose glass shattered in front of me.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I cried, but Mr. Ollivander simply waved his own wand and it fixed itself.

"Well, let's try another shall we?" After a few more wands being waved and a few more things being broken, Mr. Ollivander looked at me and muttered something to himself. He disappeared to the back of the store for quite some time, then returned with the dustiest looking box I had seen. I could barely tell that the box had once been dark blue, with gold lining. Inside was a royal red velvet bag, in which a gorgeous wand was resting. I pulled it out slowly, marveling its beauty.

"Pheonix feather core, purple heart wood, pure starlight diamond tips. This wand is the only one in existence like it. No wands are the same, but most are fairly similar. This one however... It is unique. I wonder if this is the wand for you. Try it," Mr. Ollivander said, turning to mutter under his breath. Looking back on it now, I wish I would've paid more attention to his words he had said when I wasn't looking. 

Wearily, I gave the wand a small wave, and the objects started to move. But instead of breaking or shattering, they simply floated up in the air, hovered there for a few short moments, then settled back down. I didn't notice the faint glowing around me, and as soon as I did, it faded.

"Well, Miss Walker, I think you have found your wand. But let me warn you, that wand is dangerous. The last owner who had a wand like that was killed, brutally. Not very many wizards have pure starlight tipped wands, and they are the most powerful out of all. Keep it safe." I stared at the wand. I loved it, it was gorgeous, but I knew what he meant. The tips of the wand were both topped with cut diamonds, but they shone like... Like pure starlight. I tightened my grip on the wand, then paid and thanked Mr. Ollivander. Walking out of the store with my brother, I cast one last look at Mr. Ollivander, who was staring solemnly out at me. I wondered what he meant by what he said, and I hoped I wouldn't be brutally murdered for my wand.

I was about to ask my brother something when I noticed he was gone.

"Sam? Sam!" I called. Squeezing my way through the crowds of people, I frantically searched for a sign of either Sam or my parents. 

"A gift from us to you Saige." I heard my dad say, and I spun around searching frantically for the source of their voices. My parents and sneaky brother stood by the sidewalk holding a beautiful necklace, with a small magic clock that ticked like a small bell. I ran up and held the necklace to the light, watching the small plated diamonds glint in the sunlight. 

This was going to be the best year ever.