Chapter 57- The Hair Is Gone

It took me a while to get out of the bed, but after an hour of grunting and wincing, I pulled my sore body into the small bathroom. I stood shakily at the sink, splashing my face with the cold water. I watched as tiny streams of blood disappeared down the drain. After I rinsed my face, I lifted my eyes to meet those who were staring back at me in the dirty mirror. I studied my face again and wondered what had happened to the small cheerful girl I used to be. My face was gaunt and thin, but the color in my skin was coming back. My eyes were still their odd light brown color, but the hints of green here and there were more visible than before. My lips were chapped and swollen, and I had a split lip on the right side. My cheekbone on the left side had a nasty bruise, but as I gingerly touched it, it shrunk and disappeared.

I had discovered that I had a small amount of healing magic. I had no idea how, but I could heal small cuts and injuries. However it worked, I was thankful for it.

The biggest change to my face was my hair. While it used to be over three feet long, it now just barely touched my shoulders. The tips were jagged and badly cut, but they kinda looked okay. They floated in wispy chunks around my face and the soft rays of sunlight filtering through the small window highlighted the small strips of gold in my locks. I tried to flatten a piece that stuck up by my eye, but it insisted on curling upwards. I hastily tried to gather it into a ponytail and found that it was just long enough to be tied back. Thank god.

After I inspected my hands and my face a little more, I walked out of the bathroom and found my way through the small house into the kitchen

After I inspected my hands and my face a little more, I walked out of the bathroom and found my way through the small house into the kitchen. Gazzy was sitting at the small table eating some cereal when he saw me.

"Saige!" He cried, and ran up to me. I winced internally as his tiny arms wrapped around my middle, but smiled and hugged the small boy back. I hadn't yet gathered the energy to look at my back, but the bandages wrapping around my shoulders and back were red with dried blood.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked Gazzy, sitting down shakily next to him at the table. Remus walked in, holding a bowl of porridge.

"Yup! Mister Lupin gave me food and told me cool stories!" He cried, beaming. My sore heart swelled. Remus sat down at the table with us.

"So, she managed to get out of bed. I'm surprised. You must have an incredibly high pain tolerance," he said, handing me the bowl of oatmeal. I thanked him and started eating, then pondered his statement. It was odd, most people wouldn't be able to function after what I had gone through, not to mention being stabbed in the back.

"I guess, I don't know. I have too much anger to let go without somebody paying for my suffering," I said uncertainly, shrugging my sore shoulders. Remus looked skeptical.

"I owled the others. They are so happy you are alive. But apparently they already heard from someone else. Do you know who might've told them?" Remus asked. I bit my cracked lips. My mind latched on to the only possibility.