Chapter 19- Quidditch? More like death games.

After that day at the game, things were a tad bit rocky between Harry and me. I just couldn't let go of the horrible feeling that turned in my gut when I saw him looking at Cho Chang. I was trying to let it go, but every time I let my mind come back to it, the rock in my gut grew and made me more and more uncomfortable around Harry every day. But sometimes I just had to swallow it and deal, cause I was, unfortunately, around Harry a lot.

We had our next game two weeks later, and it was against Hufflepuff. I secretly checked to make sure the seeker wasn't a young pretty girl so Harry wouldn't get distracted. I was in luck, the seeker was the captain, and he was a sixth year boy, who, though I hated to admit it, was very good looking. I didn't have a crush on him; I was just putting it out there that he was cute. End of story. Anyways...

"Wood, we need to start rotating the names of our plays, anyone could be taking note of them and training their team to listen for our calls." I pointed out to Wood one day at practice. Wood clenched his jaw.

"You're right. Angie? Katie? I need you guys to work on a list of at least ten names for each play, so every game we use a different name. And you can even use some of the names of the other plays, because then the other team, if they have been taking note of the names and the plays, will get confused and try to defend the wrong play. Got it?" We nodded.

"So what plays do we have at the moment? Last game we used G57, Hippogriff, egg sandwich, we killed that one, Saige you used comma, Katie used bed sheets, and I used cork, and then we ended on Snickerdoodle." Angelina wrote the names on a piece of parchment with her pen, a muggle writing utensil that she had. I had one too, at home, and forgot to bring it. As cool as writing with a quill may seem, it's damn hard. I made a mental note to send a letter to my parents and buy a few more over Christmas break to bring back. 

"Yeah, and we still have grass, token, and keyboard to use, and then the other reserved was Ukulele." I pointed out. Katie and Angelina nodded, and Angelina wrote those down too.

"We should keep all of the names we have so far, and just rotate them to confuse them." I said. So, we started to fill in the small chart that Angelina made, making sure each game had different names for each play. We also wrote down the original names, and what each play was.

So far, our list looked like this:

PLAYS:

GAME 1: GAME 2:

G57 = KEYBOARD

HIPPOGRIFF = G57

EGG SANDWICH = HIPPOGRIFF

COMMA = EGG SANDWICH

BED SHEETS = COMMA

CORK =  BED SHEETS

SNICKERDOODLE = UKULELE

GRASS =  CORK

TOKEN = GRASS

KEYBOARD =  TOKEN

UKULELE = SNICKERDOODLE.

And so on. We memorized each one, and showed Wood. He nodded and told us that each practice, he would have us work on the next rotation for the next game. So, when our match against Hufflepuff came up, we were trying to remember the second set of words for the game. We had practiced for hours and hours, and with all of the homework we had been getting, sleep was rare and yearned. I felt my eyes dropping constantly while trying to write my stupid dream diary for Divination, or work on the potions essay for Snape. The only class I think everyone was enjoying was Defense against the Dark Arts, which was rare, because the job had always never been the best, and Professor Lupin was the first teacher that we all loved. He was friendly, nice, calm, and understanding, be he didn't let anyone drop behind. The first class we had with him we had to face a boggart, which was scary at first, but once I had turned the ugly black widow into a bouncy ball, I loved it. But homework was still loads, so often I was up past two in the morning, trying to peel my eyes open.