Chapter 11- One Last Triumph

The end of year feast was amazing and horrible at the same time. The amazing part was that it was the biggest feast we have had all year, and the food was outstanding. The horrible part was that Slytherin had one the house cup, and they were nothing but boastful. I caught Draco sending me horrible smiles and mock concerness, and when I ran into him a few days ago after I had gotten out of the hospital wing, he had practically been in tears (fake for sure) over my horrible state. That boy needs to learn about boundaries. Anyways, the rest of the school were moping over the green tapestries draped everywhere, and Snape was beaming. Well, if you call not smiling but not glaring 'beaming'.

"Attention. Another year, gone. And as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding. And the points stand before us. In fourth place, with 312 points, is Gryffindor." We got a polite clap and then silence. "In third place, with 352 points, is Hufflepuff." They got a polite clap as well, and my bandaged hands were slightly touching each other in a golf clap. I looked at the harry sitting next to Ron on the other side of the table. He looked bummed and tired. Same with Ron and Hermione. I am guessing I looked the same way. "Next, in second place, with 426 points, is Ravenclaw." This earned a few lame cheers, and the same polite clap from the rest of the school. I cheered for my brother, but the everyone was too busy glaring at the green clad students across the tables to notice. 

"And in first place, with 472 points, is Slytherin." The Slytherin table erupted. The rest of the school wasn't even clapping. Me and the trio were just resting our heads in our hands and waiting for the Slytherins to calm down.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done. However, recent events must be taken into account." You could literally see the heads popping up. Including mine, which resulting in a strained neck. I could see Snape seething.

"I have a few, last minute points to award. To Miss. Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect and logic, in the face of danger and fire, while others were in grave peril. 25 Points." The Gryffindor table cheered and Hermione's face turned as red as Ron's hair. "Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the act of sacrifice in the face of defeat to overcome, and not the mention the best played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in these many years, 25 points." The Gryffindors cheered even louder, and Ron was looking confused, mouthing to me, "Me? He's not talking about me right?" And when he did realize that Dumbledore meant him, his ears turned as red as Hermione's face had a second ago.

"Third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve, and outstanding courage. 55 points." Now it was Harry's turn to go red, and I don't think his eyes could get any rounder. I clapped him on the back as the Gryffindor's cheered again.

"And fourth, to Miss. Saige Walker. For the use of pure love to defend the ones she cares against the forces of evil, I award Gryffindor house, 55 points." The Gryffindor table erupted. Everyoen was cheering, and in the midst of everything, I heard Hermione yell, "WE ARE TIED WITH SLYTHERIN!"

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more, to stand up to your friends. I award 20 points, to Neville Longbottom," and that was when the noise coming from our table rallied against the noise of a jet taking off. I don't think I've every heard anything as loud. We didn't even hear Dumbledore announcing that Gryffindor won, and none of us noticed the change in decoration for like at least 10 seconds, and then, the rest of the hall burst into cheering. The Slytherins were pissed. I could see Draco's gaping face and smirked at him, adding a wink. What? It was funny, the look on his face.

After all of the cheering had sort of calmed down, and everyone was released for the last night, I pulled Harry, Ron and Hermione aside.

All I did was hug them, all three of them, and the immediately squeezed me into a three person sandwich. My brother caught my eye from across the tables and gave me a brillant smile, his light green eyes blazing with pride. 

"We did it." I said to my friends after I grinned at Sam. They nodded. We all understood what I meant, and not the fact that we had won the house cup. The fact that we were alive and that we had survived Voldemort. I was so thankful. So, when we pulled away, I grabbed Hermione's hand, and slung my arm over Harry's shoulders, and tugged at Ron's ear with my hand and walked towards the Gryffindor common room one last time. For this year at least.