Chapter 52- Breakaway

It had been exactly one week since the girls encounter with the Malfoy boy, one week since the girl let the other one defeat her momentarily.

In that week, the girl had completed another four secret missions, all resulting in her strutting into Malfoy manner coated in others' blood and grinning like the hellion. It was the day the Dark Lord told her to stay for while and rest that things changed.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I grappled with the bind on my mind endlessly. I knew I had to break free; I had to get out of the hold on my life. I couldn't sit back and watch as my own hands murdered people and tortured innocent souls. So, I clashed with the monster of my mind until I could no more.

The girl had just strutted into her large wing of the house and sat down on the bed unbraiding her hair, trying to ignore an uncommon pounding headache when she noticed the shift. The shift from her blind motives and bloodlust to hatred towards the people she was around. She felt the shift that stopped her fingers for reaching for her blade and the shift that lightened the evil in her eyes. The shift that brought Saige Walker back.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I was free.

I was free.

The bonds on my mind no longer tried to expel my soul, my thoughts no longer filled with the longing of terrified screams and pleading cries. My head cleared, my words were my own. I was free.

I looked down at my hands, trying to remember when the last time I used my magic. Not the monster that had corrupted my life for the past month. My throat burned as my eyes pooled over.

I was free.

The first thing I did was run to mirror in my large bedroom. For the first time in a very long time I studied my pale face with my own eyes.

I was a completely different person.

My eyes were tired, fatigued. My normally tan skin was white as snow, and the long scar running from my eye to my jaw was a pale pink that shone oddly in contrast to my skin. My hair, it was still ridiculously long, was still half braided, so I drug my trembling fingers through it to untangle the curls.

I was free.

For the first time in a long time my mind started to form a rational plan that would allow me to escape the hell I was in. With a start, I realized I had an advantage. Almost everyone in the house was scared of me.

If I can hold up an act for enough time... Gears started to turn for the first time, gears that cleared my thoughts and filled my heart with a healthy yearning to be happy again.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I was lying in my large bed when I noticed another thing about myself that I hadn't earlier today when I broke out of the curse. My anger was still there, the anger that had allowed my magic to flourish into that of fear and darkness. While I was much less violent and scary as the monster that corrupted me, I still had that rock in my chest-a rock that wouldn't dissipate until I had my revenge. What can I say? Karma's a bitch.

As I lay unsleeping on the soft silk sheets I thought about my friends for the first time. Harry, Ron, Hermione.

Draco.

I owed my life to Draco. He had been the one to show me that I could live on my own again. He had been the one to show me I could fight back. I would never let a soul touch him.

I thought some more.

It was about 1:46 when I finished my plan. My plan to escape the hellhole I was living in.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A day later I had decided to dawn the face of the monster that corrupted me one last time. I put the usual amount of black eye shadow on, turning my tired face into a ruthless killer's. I narrowed my eyes and practiced the faces I normally pulled while I was possessed. I was surprised that impersonating my past self came easily. I guess my anger and urge for revenge ran deep.

When I finally worked up my courage to leave my room I stood in front of the door for a moment while I switched my mind back once more to the monster I used to be.

I strutted through the room, grinning evilly and growling at Death Eaters who got in my way. My hands swayed sassily at my sides, my heeled ankle boots thumping on the floor. My long braid snapped like a snake behind me, my hands flicking this way and that, drawing shadows from the dark corridors to trail behind me. Other death eaters avoided me like the plague. This was going too well.

When I swaggered into the parlor that Voldemort usually hung out in, I was surprised to find Lucius Malfoy talking with the pale white devil. I growled with anger.

"Ah, my weapon. I see you have rested up," Voldemort smiled coldly. Lucius looked uncertain.

"What Lucius, afraid of a little girl?" I hissed, grinning. Lucius growled.

"Hush now, don't provoke him." Voldemort said but didn't try to stop me. I looked at the pair of men I hated. "Did you need something?" Voldemort asked coldly. I smiled with mischief.

"I need to go. Now. " I said, then smiled for the first time in a long time and lit the world on fire. 

ohhhhhh things are getting real! hey guys, guess what? I GOT OVER WRITERS BLOCK! yay! anyways, I have been majorly updating because of this, and I am finally getting to write parts of the story I have been acting out in my head for almost a year now. This is huge for me, and I want to thank everyone who is reading and enjoying this story. THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU! 

anyways, here's a pretty uplifting chapter for y'all. 

xx syd