Chapter 100 - A Game of Truths and Lies

ok guys...

i am soooo soo soo soo soooo sorry. 

i literally owe you guys the biggest apology because its been like 3 months since i updated. i cannot even begin to express how bad i feel. 

anyways, here is my bad excuse - we've been writing books in a class i'm taking right now, so I've had to put most of my energy towards that. We just finished them, and when we come back to school after winter break we can choose to put them on amazon to buy. I haven't decided yet, but I may put my book on amazon, or put it on here. I plan on making it a series... but again, that will take time to figure out. Let me know if you guys would want to read my other story - its all about zombies and apocalypses and cool stuff like that hahahah...

also, school's been a butt as per usual, but finally, finally, i have another chapter for y'all. again, I am beyond sorry for the long gap, and fingers-crossed that it wont happen again. thank you all for your love and support, and hopefully this chapter will begin to make up for my absence. 

love you all, 

xx syd 

__________________

I stood back in the shadows as everyone knelt around the body of Albus Dumbledore. Hands wrung tightly together in front of me, I didn't shed a single tear for the old man, but the look on Harry's face hurt. He was kneeling behind the professor, his head on Ginny's shoulder as the entire school mourned the headmaster.

I recalled the events of the night as I stood there, watching as McGonagall raised her wand to the dark sky. The school followed, but I slunk further into the shadows.

"I choose you," A voice whispered from behind my ear.

A cold hand wrapped around my own, pulling me back into a solid chest. I stiffened but gained my composer quickly.

"Well that was horribly cheesy," I whispered back, suddenly shaky. Draco let out a tiny chuckle.

"Well your exit was horribly dramatic," Draco whispered back. I leaned into his touch, my knees annoyingly wobbly.

"Touché," I mumbled with a tiny smile.

"You scared the crap out of me," He muttered against my hair. I wanted to close my eyes, but the same feeling of blindness choked me. Draco must've noticed my flinch. "What's wrong?" He whispered, finally turning me around. I looked into those gorgeous eyes.

"Bellatrix can do it – take my powers away," I whispered. Draco's hand tightened around mine.

"How?" He breathed. I swallowed.

"I don't know – but she had to touch me to do it – and she blinded me. Draco, I couldn't see, couldn't feel... I couldn't do anything." I muttered, glancing behind me to make sure nobody had noticed us.

"Oh god, Saige, I'm so sorry," Draco whispered, shutting his eyes tightly. I took a steadying breath. After a moment, I watched as the school blasted away the horrid dark mark staining the sky. Then, they started to disperse from the area, slipping back into the castle. I turned to face Draco.

"Are you going to stay with me?" I whispered quietly, finally lifting my eyes to look into Draco's. His soft grey iries were bright.

"I just have to protect my mother – she cannot get hurt," he muttered. His white-blonde hair glinted in the low light. I glanced around.

"Let's get out of the open," I muttered before grabbing Draco's hand and dragging him out of the courtyard. He followed quietly, his cold hand latched tightly to mine. My hair flew in front of my face as I walked, tickling my cheeks. We slipped through the hallways, dodging lingering students until we had made it back to the astronomy tower. There was still a blast ring staining the dark metal floor.