Chapter 51- A New Hope

Yes I know I know that's the star wars title lol

Draco had just gotten back from Greece- literally had just walked through the large gates of his mansions when something caught his eye. He turned his head upwards at the house, but his mother came bustling out and ushered in though a back door. Draco's brows knitted. He quickly snapped his head up at a window in the mansion and gasped at what he saw. A girl stood in the window; her dark hair and pale skin making her look somewhat ghost-like. But he couldn't see anything else as his his mother tugged at his arm and pulled him into the house.

Who was she?

It had been a few days and Draco was already packing for another trip. Draco was sick with hatred towards his family. He didn't know for sure but he often ran into mysterious figures and evil grins when he was allowed to wander off from his wing of the house. Often he was sentenced to his room.

He was currently walking back into his bathroom when he stopped short.

A young female girl was standing at the marble sink, twirling a silver snake ring in her fingers. Draco's heart beat furiously. That was Saige's. Whoever this other girl was had no right to touch it.

"That's not yours." He said bravely, but his blood was singing in fear. The girl tipped her head back and laughed, a sickening sound that Draco felt like he recognized. She turned.

Draco's body turned to ice.

"Actually, I recall that it is," the girl said, her familiar eyes glinting with an unfamiliar glee. Saige Walker stood in his house, wearing the skin of someone she wasn't. Her long hair was loose behind her, swaying with her feline movements. Her face had nothing of the kindness and spunk it used to have, instead replaced by an evil hatred that gleamed in her eyes and a long scar on her cheek. Her usually tan skin was white as snow, and her eyes were coated in dark eye shadow that made her even scarier.

"Who-What-How?" Draco stammered. He didn't know what to think. It's a trick. Something's off. She's not herself anymore. She died. Didn't she? His head hurt.

"I understand that you are confused. Saige used to think highly of you. I'm sure you didn't expect her to see the real light, like your parents," the girl said calmly but the steel in her voice was still there. Draco's mind turned. She talks about Saige as if they were different people.

"I-I don't know. You're not her. She's not like this," Draco said bitterly. The girl's eyes narrowed in anger.

"She isn't anything anymore. Saige Lilian Walker is gone Draco Malfoy. She is dead like you were told." She said coolly, her fingers curling into fists. Small sparks flew from her hands. She glared at Draco.

Draco's heart plummeted.

"No. She's still in there. Wherever she is, whatever you did to her. She would never give up," He growled, turning to avoid looking that monster in the eye. The monster that inhabited his friend's body. The monster that clouded her thoughts and controlled her magic. The monster that had taken her life.

He placed his hand on the doorknob.

Then-

"Draco?"

The voice was hoarse, broken, cracked. Not the monster's.

Draco spun with his heart hammering violently in his chest. Stood in front of him was a broken girl with shattered eyes looking into his pleadingly.

"Saige?" He asked softly.

Saige's broken eyes widened.

"It- it has me- I- can't control it for long- Please-please-tell them-tell them I'm alive-tell the others-" She gasped quickly, holding her head in her hands as if it would shatter.

Her eyes reflected the inner battle she was fighting with the monster. Draco rushed forward and placed his hands on her shoulders. But then she changed again.

"Fool. You fool! You thought you would be able to provoke her! SHE IS GONE. SAIGE WALKER IS NO MORE!" The eyes changed from broken to infuriated, and with one violent movement the monster had corrupted her body once again and thrown Draco to the floor. His heart hammered even more. He was more relieved than ever, even if the monster was trying to kill him at the moment. Her words- she was still alive-still fighting. He had to tell someone. He scampered up as the monster lifted her hands and started to pull shadows from the room. But he was out the door before they wrapped around him.

Something told him another voice had told the monster not to kill him.

Saige was alive.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Harry was sitting in his room at Grimmauld place holding his head in his hands contemplating the past events. The dementors, the hearing in a few weeks, his friends. He had arrived at Grimmauld place two days ago. The dementor attack had been the day before that.

He heard Mrs. Weasley shouting for dinner when a small black owl pecked on the window. Harry's head shot up in surprise. He didn't recognize the owl, but the letter in its beak was clearly labeled for him.

Harry stood from his bed and walked over to the owl, slowly taking the letter. The owl hooted softly. He patted its feathers as he opened the letter, the neat handwriting sparking unusual recognition in him. As he sat down on the bed again to read the letter, the owl fluttered off. He subconsciously wondered who's owl it was.

As he held the nice parchment in his hand he started to read the carefully written letter.

Potter. I know you wouldn't expect this, but it's Malfoy. I need to tell you something. But you need to keep it quiet and help her.

Harry's heart hammered. Why was Draco Malfoy writing him? He growled quietly, but kept reading.

You may think she's dead. You may think she has no hope left. You're wrong.

Saige is alive.

Voldemort has her under the strongest Imperius curse known and she is fighting to break out of it. She asked me- she asked me to tell you. She's still in there. She's more powerful then anyone, but a demon is possessing her body. Her wand-it was snapped in half somehow, but she still has magic. The girl you've been seeing in the papers-its all her. Help her. Don't loose hope.

She needs you guys.

DM.

Harry's eyes were wet when he finished reading the letter, but his hands were shaking with furious doubt. How was she alive? Was Draco lying? What do they do? How do they know for sure? His mind buzzed. Mrs. Weasley called again for dinner so Harry stood uncertainly and gripped the letter in his hand, his teeth gritting in revengeful anger. If Saige was alive and had to be put through hell, he was going to avenge her suffering.

As he walked down to the kitchen, Ron caught up to him. Harry showed him the letter.

"Oh no," Ron said, sniffing. Harry looked at his friend.

"Do you think he's lying?" He asked quietly, trying to keep his voice down. Ron shook his head.

"Malfoy's a git but he was friends with Saige too. He- he cares about her as much as we do. He wants to save her as much as we do mate," he said sadly. Harry nodded.

"I need to tell the others. We need to get her," he said, and then followed the ginger down the stairs to tell his friends and family the most surprising news he would ever tell.

Saige Walker was alive.

____________________________________________________________________________________

The girl was furious for letting the trapped soul inside her take control for a moment. She would never let it happen again.

She burned the soul out for the hundredth time.

The soul's screaming was music to the girl's ears.