Chapter 23- Broken and Unfixable

It had been three months since the attack, and news had spread of it quickly. I had been living on the run, slowly making my way to Hogwarts. But since my parents and I lived in Southern France, it was going to take a very long time to get to Hogwarts. It was well into the spring. In that time I had to fight off death eaters, child kidnappers, and more. I had stopped in small wizarding town and noticed a copy of the Daily Prophet, the front headline stating "PUREBLOOD FAMILY FOUND DEAD: PARENTS AND ELDEST BROTHER CONFIRMED CEASED, DAUGHTER IS CONFIRMED MISSING" My eyes spilled over as I looked at the moving image of my family, happy and healthy. The picture had been taken the day Sam had graduated.  Days passed, and everyday, I worked my way towards Hogwarts, trying to get to somebodyI knew. Somebody who could help me. I was questioning whether or not my note got to Dumbledore, because of course he would be able to help me, right?

It had been the longest three months of my life. Twice I had been kidnapped by muggles and magic folk alike, but I had escaped, using magic or fighting. I no longer cared that I was using magic outside of school, heck- I almost died and I had nothing else. Multiple times I had broken down, falling to my knees wherever I was and crying my eyes out. I just couldn't comprehend the fact that they were gone. Gone. They were gone. I needed to get to somebody. Finally, when I was looking out at the English Channel, I noticed a small boat getting ready to depart. The driver was a little old man, looking harmless in his traditional sailor's hat and dirty overalls. I sucked in a small breath and stumbled over to him, my walking uneven and unsure, like my life right now.

"Sir, are you crossing?" I asked quietly. I looked at him. The man looked at me strangely, but then gave me and warm smile.

"Yes, m'dear. Do you need something?" He asked, his voice ruff and tired. I nodded, trying to think of a polite way to ask him if he could give me a ride.

"Yes, I- I need a ride to the other side, I have some money but -" I broke off, feeling my throat close up and the tears threatening to spill. I clenched my jaw and looked up. The man just smiled.

"A'course m'dear. Hop in, we can leave in two minutes." I thanked him, digging out a few wrinkled muggle dollars and handing them to him. I hopped into the small fishing boat, sitting near the front. I pulled my long brown hair up, tying it with the last ponytail I had. Small wisps escaped as soon as the boat started to move. A little while later I was hopping off, thanking the man quietly and stalking off. The man was nice, a muggle clearly. He must've had a great long life, with no danger of anything. I envied him so much. But, I was across the channel, which meant I had to start my journey to Hogwarts, however long that would take.

____________________________________________________________________________________

(Btw, this is the first time I'm switching POVs, but I am probably going to continue to do so in the future. So just a heads up.)

Harry was cold with fear. Saige hadn't been at school for the past three months. She hadn't been writing, because her family's owl, Rick, was with Dumbledore. Apparently, he was ordered by Saige to give a message to Dumbledore and stay with him. Harry had tried constantly to find out where she was and spent hours alone looking out the window to try and see her. Harry had gone to Dumbledore countless times and had been shown the note that Saige had written.

HE WAS HERE. THEY ARE DEAD. ON THE RUN. TRYING TO MAKE IT THERE. PLEASE HELP!

SW.

When Harry saw the note he almost fainted. Saige was on the run, alone, and had faced Voldemort. He wasn't the only one. But one thing stuck in his head, why the bloody hell was Voldemort alive, and did Saige kill him? Harry had begged Dumbledore to let him go out and search for her, but Dumbledore said it was too dangerous. So, Harry spent his time in the common room angry and sad, not talking to anyone. He just was kinda there. He stayed with Hermione and Ron, who were too, devastated and lonely without Saige. But they weren't as angry as Harry. So as the weeks pasted by, there was no word from Saige. Then weeks turned into months, then the whole Sirius Black extravaganza exploded. Then school was out. Harry was empty, and the only thing that motivated him to get up everyday was one thought.