Chapter 76 - This Isn't Happening

Needless to say, Umbitch thought she could torture us. She had just aimed her wand at my face when Hermione cried out. She told Umbitch about a 'weapon' that was hidden. Harry started to jump in, and I realized that they were bluffing. Umbitch demanded to know where the weapon was, then swept Hermione and Harry out the door to show her. Now it was just me, Neville, Ginny, Luna, Draco and a bunch of slytherin idiots. I immediately marched right up to Draco, grabbed his cloak, then dragged him out of the office. The other slytherins protested, but Draco shooed them.

"What the hell?" I spat once we were alone. Draco wouldn't meet my gaze.

"I'm sorry, my mother – she wanted me too –" Draco said uneasily. I heard the truth in his voice and relaxed a little bit, but I was still furious for him keeping a secret like that.

"You know you could've told me. I wouldn't have held it against you," I said softer. Draco finally looked at me.

"Yeah, and what about Dumbledore's army?" He said harshly. I glanced away, knowing that I couldn't hold anything against him when I had been doing the exact same thing I was angry with him for.

"We needed a teacher." I said. Draco scowled. He turned away but didn't walk off.

"What are you up to now? Running off with him? I thought you wanted to punch him in the face," Draco finally said, anger lining his voice. I recalled Hermione telling me that Draco and Harry had been fighting over me and I wondered if it was jealousy, not anger, that I could hear in Draco's voice.

"We – saw something. Call it what you will, but Harry seems dead set on the idea that S- a close friend might be in danger. I tried to tell him it's a trap, but he wont listen. I can't let him take my friends with him and get them all killed," I said quickly, stumbling over my words. I hated this, lying to Draco, but I knew my boundaries. Draco was my friend, my best at that, but there were some things that I need to protect for the world's sake.

Draco didn't say anything but just grabbed my sleeve and tugged me back in the room, telling me to stand by Neville and the other until Umbitch got back. I scowled but didn't push it.

After a while, I decided that we needed to escape. Apparently so did Ron and Ginny. I glanced at the younger Weasley and nodded towards the boxes of Fred and George candy that Umbitch had confiscated. Ginny stuck her hand in and grabbed a handful. I flicked my fingers behind my back and locked the door, then put a sound muffling spell around the office. Nobody was going anywhere unless it was me, Ginny, Luna, Neville, and Ron. Everybody stayed nonchalant while Ginny started to munch on one of the harmless candies, then offered some to the slytherin bodyguards. As three of them were fat asses with an addiction to candy, they all took a piece, unaware that they were about to get turned into canaries. I poised my fingers, ready to trap the unaware slytherine birds into a cage. Three poofs and a clang later, there were three very angry yellow birds flapping around in a cage on Umbitches desk. I immediately launched myself at Draco, sending a wave of sleep towards him.

"GO, GO, GO!" I yelled, then clapped my hands together to send a sonic boom through the room, damaging the ear drums of the remaining slytherines who had refused the candy. I unlocked the door as my friends scrambled out, then followed myself when I was sure that the slytherines were asleep. I paused next to Draco's body, feeling horrible. I knew I had to go fast, but I stooped to press a light kiss on his forehead.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, then sprinted after my friends.

_________________________________________________________________________________

We made it to the mysterious chamber about two hours later. We had met up with Hermione and Harry on our way to go find them. Each of us exchanged escape stories before sprinting down towards the forest, where Luna apparently had an idea of how to get there.