Chapter 9- I explode myself.

I had come into a huge, stone room; bigger than the one we were previously in. I could hear Harry's voice, and another that I couldn't quite comprehend. It sounded like Professor Quirrel's, but that wouldn't make sense, unless Snape had kidnapped Quirrel. He may have awarded me 45 points, but I didn't trust him one bit.

I crept into the side of the room, careful not to give away my location and distract Harry. As I peeked around the stone pillar I was concealed behind, I gasped. It was Quirrel, and Snape was nowhere to be seen. Quirrel was, however, looking almost triumphant. He was smirking at Harry, and beckoning him. He was standing in front of something, a mirror. The mirror of Erised. Harry had discovered it over Christmas Break. Quirrel seemed very intrigued by it. I was still surprised that Snape wasn't behind this, but Quirrel, now that I saw the truth, seemed like the sneakiest teacher in the school.

"THE BOY, USE THE BOY!" I jumped at the voice. It was raspy, and while it seemed like the person was talking barely over a whisper, it boomed and echoed through the room. I tried to cover my mouth as I slunk back behind the pillar, and listened as Quirrel demanded Harry to look into the Mirror. I had no idea why Quirrel needed to use Harry and have him stand in front of the mirror, but I wasn't about to jump out and raise my hand to ask the question.

"Tell me, Potter, what do you see!" Quirrel roared. I could hear Harry stutter, and I prayed to god, (or whoever was up there) that he knew what Quirrel was up too, and could lie to get himself out of it.

"I, I see myself, with, with Professor Dumbledore. I've won the House Cup." Harry managed. I inwardly groaned. While I loved Harry as I friend and was super smart when it came to things like this, his excuse was puh-theh-tick. Sorry Harry. But it was. Anyways, while I was mentally, cringing, I heard the raspy voice speak again.

"HE LIES! HE LIES!"

"TELL THE TRUTH POTTER!" Quirrel yelled.

"LET ME SPEAK TO HIM!" the raspy voice said. I stiffened. Whoever the voice was, was no friend to Harry.

"Master you are not strong enough!" Quirrel said, but his voice had changed. It was concerning, almost earnest. I was puzzled.

"I HAVE STRENGTH ENOUGH FOR THIS!" At this I had to suppress my giggle. He had horrible, horrible grammar. Silence followed for a few seconds and I looked around again. And this time I couldn't hide my gasp; Quirrel had taken off his purple turban (I had always wondered about the deal with that thing) and molded into the back of his bald head. But my gasp was enough for the face on the back of his head to notice me. Crap.

"QUIRREL, GET THE GIRL!" Double crap. Quirrel spun around and pointed his wand at me. I raised mine and thought of the first spell I could.

"INCENDIO!" I screamed, allowing my wand to shoot flames. I mentally pictured the flames rising to an enormous wall of fire, and my wand complied. All of the sudden the room was filled with fire, and me and Harry were working our way towards each other. I kept the flames circling Quirrel, and for some reason they didn't touch me or Harry.

"SAIGE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Harry screamed over the roar or the fire. I kept my wand pointed at Quirrel as I yelled back.

"HELPING YOU!" Harry looked apologetic for a second, and when we got to each other, (the wind and power from the fire was making it hard to walk) Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me against him. I struggled with my wand, it was vibrating and shaking, making it hard to hold on. And for some reason it felt like my energy was being sucked up, fast. Triple crap. I had never heard of magic requiring huge amounts of energy, only thoughts, or concentration. But I was draining, fast. I willed my flames to retreat and they complied. Suddenly weak, I collapsed onto the ground, but Harry caught me and held me against him.

"SHE WIELDS IT. GET IT!" the voice screamed, and suddenly Quirrel was hurling spells at us. Harry and I scrambled out of the way, and around a pillar. Spells were causing chips of the stone to burst off, and because we had already experienced flying stone, the chips just added to the many cuts on our faces and arms.

"Saige! Are you okay?" Harry yelled over the blasts. I couldn't shake my head. Whatever happened with my magic had caused me to loose my energy completely. Harry's face tightened, and looked more frightened than I had ever seen him. "I'm going back out. Voldemort wants the Sorcerer's stone, Quirrel is his slave. I will explain everything later." I tried to tell him not to leave, but my voice came out even more raspy then the voice's- which I now knew as Voldemort. And it made sense. Reaching out to Harry's figure running away I tried to call out to him once more, and ended up in a coughing fit on the floor. Crawling and coughing, I tried to make my way towards Harry.

"GET THE STONE!" I heard Voldemort scream. Then the next thing I heard were two bodies thudding against the stone. I screamed. Or tried too. Harry and Quirrel were yelling, and when I managed to pull myself around the pillar I saw that Quirrel was chocking Harry, but Harry seemed to be burning him.

"Harry!" I called, but my voice was lost in the chaos. I gripped my wand and tried to think of another spell. Nothing came to mind. Quirrel was chocking Harry, I could see Harr's face going purple. But then Quirrel let go, and his hand turned to stone and then crumbled to dust. I didn't have the energy to even start to wonder. I need a 5-hour energy. Seriously.  He then looked at Harry and pulled out his wand. I heard the words coming out of his mouth, and before I registered I was standing and screaming.

"NOOOOOO!"

And then my powers erupted.