Chapter 34- The Stupid Speech about a Fiery Cup and the Death Game

When we finally made our way to the Great Hall and sat down, the entire school had sponged up an ocean. Or at least it seemed. It had been raining since we arrived, but just before we got to the castle it had started to downpour. Needless to say, the carriages really need to get roofs.

As we walked towards our table, Harry, Ron, Hermione and I, I caught sight of Draco snickering to his buddies. He was mimicking something, but when he looked up and made eye contact with me, his already pale face lost all of its little color. His jaw fell open and his eyes widened, and two seconds later most of the school was staring at me. I put my head down and let my wet hair fall in front of my face as I walked, keeping my eyes cast downwards as I followed the trio to our table. Gasps filled the hall and I swear to god I have never heard my name said so many times. As I sat down next to Ron I resisted the urge to jump up on the table and shout, "YES. IM BACK. SURPRISE SURPRISE. NOW EAT YOUR DAMN PUDDING AND SHUT UP." Hermione looked at me weird as I laughed quietly at the thought.

"What?" She asked, plopping down next to Harry. Ron and Harry both looked at me after she said this, but I waved them off.

"Nothing, just a funny thought. I just wish everybody would shut up. Sure, I was gone, but what the hey, its not that drastic." I muttered, looking up at the professor's table. I could see Dumbledore talking to McGonagall, and I never wished for laser eyes more. Recently my anger with the dumb old door was flaring up, just from thinking about all of things he could've fixed.

"Saige, you're glaring again." Harry said quietly. I snapped out of my daze and looked at Harry again. Still, he had that long look. I raised my eyebrow ever so slightly at him, but rolled my eyes and put my hand under my chin.

"So what? I'm mad at him. Nothings going to change that." I said hotly, keeping my gaze steady as Harry sighed.

"Just, try not to kill the headmaster on the first day of school." He finished, clearly accepting the fact that he couldn't cool me down. I smirked at him and turned back to the front of the hall, where Dumbledore was just now standing up.

"Hello! Quiet down Quiet down!" He said, waving his hand to shush the crowds of eagerly talking students. When he finally got the hall to quiet down, he went on talking about the usual rules and new things yada yada yada. I tuned my ears out, waiting for our chance to leave. But it was when he said there wasn't going to be quidditch this year that my head popped up and my yells joined the school's sudden outburst.

"What? No Quidditch? I barely got to play! That was the one think I was looking forward too!'" I yelled, Harry nodding in agreement. Fred and George were going crazy, yelling rude names and strings of curses even I wouldn't dare repeat. Angelina and Katie, who had burst into tears when they saw me, were angry as hell and screaming as well. Dumbledore and the teachers sighed.

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore roared, startling all of us into utter quiet, like he wanted. We all gaped up at the front of the hall. Dumbledore rarely yelled. "Had you not burst into completely disrespectful shouting you would've heard my announcement. In replacement to the Quidditch tournament of the usual year, Hogwarts will be host to a legendary event." The large crowd of students now all sat listening with their eyes wide and mouths set to start protesting.

"The TriWizard Tournament!"

With a wave of his hand a large golden goblet appeared on the stool the sorting hat normally sat on. Small gems glistened in its rim, but the cup itself seemed worn and damaged. Dirt and dust coated the edges, and one side of the bottom looked almost melted. There was a distinctive "what the hell" that somebody said, and I mentally echoed his or her words.