Chapter 86 - Fighting Again

It had been the middle of October when Lavender started to cling to Ron. Since then, Hermione had refused to talk to him and Harry and I were rocky. I hadn't consulted him about his late night outing with Cho, but I couldn't let it go either. Now, it was the last week of school before Thanksgiving break and I was fed up with everything. I had run into Draco earlier today, resulting in me brushing past him quickly to keep the panic from overcoming my mind, and later I had gotten in a fight with Harry about his new cheat book for Potions. I told him that he wouldn't gain anything from reading the cheat recipes from a book, that it was practically cheating, but then he started to say the same thing about my magic and I just couldn't. I tried to tell him that I didn't have a choice, that I couldn't control it, but he was already closed off and cold. Everything started to get worse with every word.

"You're just a weapon – a threat to everyone here with your magic. You scare us," Harry eventually spat, his nose inches from mine. I stared at him, my body tensing at his words. I couldn't believe the words that just came out of his mouth.

Before the fight could escalate anymore, I was slipping out of the common room and jogging down the dimly lit halls of the castle. I didn't know how long I ran for, but I just wanted some cool air. I needed to get away from him.

Finally out of breath, I came to a balcony overlooking the black lake. I sat down on the floor, dangling my legs off the side of the balcony and resting my head on the middle bar of the metal framework that made up the balcony's railing. I recalled the protectiveness Harry had shown me last year after I had woken up, but it seemed like mockery now. I felt so betrayed, so tricked. I had thought that maybe my friends weren't scared of me, that maybe I was losing my dark side but no. I was still a monster.

I sat there for a while, silently glaring at the world as snow fell on my shoulders and hair. I didn't have the energy to wipe it away – I was too cold to move.

"Saige?" I heard a voice ask after a while. I didn't need to look to see that it was Ron. I didn't respond either. I had no idea how he found me but I didn't really care.

"Are you scared of me Ron?" Ron looked at me quizzically as he sat down next to me.

"Saige, what are you talking about?" He whispered, looking at me with horror. I bit down the crack in my voice.

"Are you scared of me?" I asked again. Ron shook his head, his eyes sad and forgiving. I looked away, my eyes narrowed into slits and the skin of my lip tight between my teeth.

"What did he do?" Ron asked quietly, his eyes going dark. I wondered when Ron had learned to read me so well.

"Told me that I was a weapon, a threat to everyone here," I said truthfully. My voice cracked. "That I scared you," I whispered. Ron muttered something under his breath.

"He said that to you?" He asked, his voice furious. I nodded sadly, a tear slipping down my face. Ron ran a hand through his hair. "How could he be so selfish and rude?" He asked to no one in particular.

"Are you afraid of me Ron?" I asked for the third time, turning to look into Ron's azure eyes. Ron looked at me back.

"No, never. I feel more safe with you around," He said earnestly. I let a small smile spread across my lips.

"You're my best friend Ron," I said. Ron opened his mouth to say something but the both of us heard footsteps coming our way. I turned to see Harry himself staring at us.

"Harry now's not really a great time mate," Ron said immediately to Harry, standing up to stand in between Harry and I. I stood as well, glaring over Ron's shoulder at the raven-haired boy.

"Get out of my sight before I blast you off this balcony," I said steadily as Harry glared at me. He looked at me like I had just proved his point, which I had, but I didn't have any more shits to give.

"You're just proving my point Saige," Harry called as he turned and walked out. Ron had to hold me back from blasting him with my magic.

"Saige, not now – not here," He pleaded. I looked at him.

I finally felt hot tears at the corners of my eyes and fell exhausted to the floor. Ron scooted over and wrapped a strong arm around me, and let me lean my head on his shoulder. I squeezed my eyes closed and felt his head resting on mine. I clutched his arm and felt his hand come and take mine. I could tell he was sad, sad for me.

"I just want to undo the bad I've done," I whispered as I leaned into Ron's shoulders. "And he comes in like this and makes me feel like I'm the villain, like I'm the wrong in the world." I continued. Ron's embrace tightened. I kept my eyes closed but lessened my shuddering. I relaxed into Ron's embrace and let myself be consumed by him. It wasn't romantic; it was comforting and understanding. Ron understood me. Hermione may be my best girlfriend, and I may be tied by fate to Harry, but Ron was my true best friend. He has always been there for me, no matter what. I loved him for it.

"Saige – I', never going to stop saying this, but you are not evil. Harry's just in a cranky mood – he gonna apologize soon enough." Ron said.

"Thank you Ron, for comforting me. It means a lot." I mumbled. Ron just tightened his arms around me and stayed quiet. We stayed like that for so long, just enjoying each other's presence. Finally I fell asleep, and the last thing I remembered was Ron picking me up bridal style and talking about sleep. Then I passed out, clinging to Ron still with angry red tear stains tattooing my cheeks. 

OMG 2 updates in one morning... and maybe a third later today.... i'm in a writing mood i guess.. sorry about the fighting tho - i guess Saige and Harry will never get along. anyways, i hope you guys are all doing great! 

xxsyd