Chapter 5- I pass out (What a Joy.)

"SEEKER?" I screamed. Harry hadn't been expelled. He was on the Quidditch team! "YOU LITTLE TURD YOU MADE EVERYONE SO SCARED!" I hugged him, then gave him a calmer congratulations. We had been enjoying a break in one of the empty courtyards when Harry came back. He had told us to news and we had all freaked out. Well, "we all" meaning Ron and me. Hermione was no where to be seen. Finally after a few hours, we finished the loads of homework we had... Well I did at least. The boys seemed to not really care about schoolwork, and kept asking questions like "When will knowing when the first time a Spikey Bush killed someone come in handy?" or "What the hell is powdered root of asphodel?" I tried to persuade them to at least start, but finally got tired and left the common room to find Hermione. After a little while of searching, I finally found her, in the library reading. We talked about some stuff, like her book, how annoying Ron was, and school, but finally I checked my necklace and jumped up.

"Hermione, we are going to miss dinner!" I cried, then dragged her out of the library to the Great Hall. "Oh my gosh Hermione, hurry up! I'm hungry!" I laughed as she pretended to be limp to stall me. We ran into the great hall and finally found some empty seats down the table towards the fourth years. We ate alone, without the boys, who were no where to be seen.

"That's okay, I hate Ron anyways," said Hermione after I stated that the boys were no here. I gave her a look.

"Ron's just stupid, and he is jealous that you make everything look so easy!" I protested, but Hermione just shrugged.

"It's not my fault he's a blithering idiot." She growled. I sighed.

"I will try to talk to him. Maybe I can get him to apologize. Besides, you are probably the smartest witch of our age, so I'll warn him you will hex him into something so awful he will kill himself by barfing," I said, bursting into laughter. Hermione started to laugh with me, and by the end of dinner we were clutching our stomachs trying not to cry. When we headed back up to the common room we encountered the boys, but when I stopped to talk to them Hermione stormed into the dormitory.

"What's up with her?" Ron asked, pointing his thumb at Hermione's bushy hair disappearing up the stairs.

"You. She heard you talking about her you know. She hates you. You should try to be a little bit nicer." I said to Ron. "She was just trying to help!"

"Yup, sure, help. Totally." Ron said, then I grabbed a copy of the Daily Prophet, the wizarding newspaper, and smacked him with it. Harry tried to hide his laughter.

"What the bloody hell was that for?" Ron cried, looking at me like I was some horrible teacher about to expel Ron.

"For being such a bloody idiot." I said simply, then headed off to bed.

Hermione was asleep already, but her breating was too loud and she was too still, so I knew she was really awake, but I didn't bother her. Finally, I closed my eyes as well, and waited for sleep to over come me.

The next few weeks flew by, and Hermione, Harry, Ron and I continued to go to our classes. Harry had his first Quidditch game against Slytherin and was almost killed by Snape, who we caught cursing his brand new Nimbus 2000 broom, but Harry managed to catch the Snitch and win the game in the end. Some time later we found a secret locked corridor with a three-headed dog guarding a trap door, and Harry told us about the secret vault that he and Hagrid had to visit in Diagon Alley. Finally, Halloween came, and everyone was preparing for the great feast, that was being put on that night.

"Hermione?" I called down from the top of the stairs. She was, again, missing. I looked around the common room, but Hermione was nowhere to been seen.

"Saige? Is that you?" I heard Harry's voice. I looked down and saw that Harry was sitting with Ron playing a game of wizards Chess. I could just see Harry's pawn being crushed, literally, by Ron's knight.

"Yeah, have you seen Hermione?" I called back. Harry shook his head, and I silently swore to myself.

"She will probably turn up at the feast, I mean, who would want to miss it?" Harry said. Ron nodded, picking the shattered pieces of Harry's pawn off the board.

"Yeah," I said, but I wasn't convinced. I noticed my fingers tapping on the glass of my necklace. A little while later I followed Harry and Ron into the Great Hall, but Hermione was nowhere to be found. I sat down next to Harry and looked across the table at Ron, but Hermione was still not here.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked. "She still isn't here." The boy named Neville who was fully mended from the flying accident cut in.

"Pavarti Patil says she's in the girls lavatory. Hasn't come out since classes ended. Crying." Then he shrugged and went back to eating. I jumped up, ashamed that I didn't look there.

"Saige, where are you going?" Harry asked.

"To get Hermione of course!" I called back, but I was already walking out of the Great Hall, so I doubt he heard me. I had been rounding the corner to the girls bathrooms when Professor Quirrel came bursting through the hall. He seemed to be scared, but he was always scared so I wasn't worried. But I probably should've been. I just looked at him strangely and ran into the girl's bathroom.

"Hermione? Hermione!" I called. "Hermione please come out!" I could see feet in a stall, and I could hear tiny sniffles. "Hermione?" I asked softly, and then pushed the unlocked door open. Hermione was crying, she had angry red tear streaks along her face. "Hermione?"

"I'm sorry Saige, I'm being pathetic." Hermione wiped her eyes. I pulled her into a hug.

"Its okay, Ron says he's sorry." I let go of her and waited until her sniffling stopped. I could just barely hear screaming coming from the Great Hall. Something good must've happened. But as I looked at Hermione's face, I saw that something was wrong, and the screams coming from the Great Hall were not ones of joy or amusement.

"Saige, Saige, turn around really slowly." Hermione whispered with eyes as wide as saucers. She was staring at something over my head, and I ever so slowly turned my head to come face to face with a troll. A troll. In the school. What. The. Actuall. Hell. It looked at me like I was dinner, and I pulled out my wand. Hermione grabbed my hand and tugged it back into the stall, but the troll had chosen the moment to swing his massive club.

"Hermione! DUCK!" I screamed. I had dropped to my stomach to avoid being crushed by the blow, but Hermione was trapped in the stalls. The club hit the stalls and they crashed. I could hear Hermione's scream, but I could also see her crawl to safety under the sink.

"INCENDIO!" I screamed as I pointed my wand at the troll's head. We had just learned that in Charms, and thank god, because I didn't really know any other spells that would help us.

The troll's head caught on fire, but he just patted it out with its slimy hand. Then it whirled around and stared at me. I racked my brain for information about trolls, and remembered that trolls were really stupid creatures, and they couldn't really think.

"Wingardium leviosa!" I pointed my wand at the biggest piece of wood and brought it into the air. I used my wand like a controller and made the piece of wood hit the troll on the head. He walked face-first into the blow, and then stuttered and clumsily walked around. I dashed to Hermione, and pulled her into a safer area.

"Are you okay?" I yelled over the noise of the troll randomly destroying things. She nodded. "What are we supposed to do?" I screamed. But then Hermione screamed, and I felt a huge hand grip me around the waist. Screaming, I was picked up and held in front of the trolls face as if he were examining me.

"SAIGE! HERMIONE?" I heard two voices yell.

"HARRY! RON! IN HERE!" I screamed. But the troll didn't like it. I reached for my wand, which I had put in my pocket of my robes, but it had fallen out and was on the ground. Frantically trying to pry the troll's fingers from around me, I didn't see the troll's club swinging around. The last thing I saw before the club his me in the head was Harry and Ron dashing in to the rescue. Then, I felt a horrible pain take over my body and I slipped into blackness.