Chapter 56- Finally Telling Someone

Ouch. That was the first thought that ran through my head as I regained consciousness. Everything hurt. I tried to open my eyes, but a blinding light shone in my face, and my eyes burned under its glare. I tried to move my fingers, and found that they were heavily bandaged. In fact, both hands were wrapped in thick bandages, and I could feel multiple layers of bandages underneath my shirt and on my back. I must've over used my power. I tried to remember where I was, or what was going on. Then it hit me. I had just killed three men and had my back stabbed with a rusty switchblade. What a joy.

As for where I was, I had no idea. When I finally managed to peel my eyes open, (with a fair amount of grunting and wincing) I looked around at the small and dusty room I was in. There was just simple bed, which I lying on, and a dresser. I wondered who's house I was in, and if they were friend or foe. If they healed you, you daft dimpo, they are probably friend. My head had a nasty habit of judging my sense of fear and insecurity. Shut up. I've been through too much to assume anything, I shot back. I was just about to sit up when the door opened.

"So the warrior princess is awake. I was starting to worry, you've been asleep for two days." He said, walking into the room. I gaped at him.

"Two days? What day is it?" I gasped. Lupin looked at my apologetically.

"It's the 2nd of August." He said. I mouthed August, and looked at him again.

"What happened?" I asked quietly. Lupin looked at me quizzically, then sat down at the foot of the bed and started to talk.

"I don't really know. You showed up last night and tumbled into the ground, blood running down your back and your hands were glowing. When I got close they pulsed and split open," He said. I sighed.

"Thank you. Where is Gazzy?" I asked shakily. I realized I had really overused my powers. My back burned angrily, and I felt as if I had just run four marathons and then competed in a wrestling match. Note to self- don't over use powers or you will feel like shit.

Just as the words left my mouth the little boy came running in. He bounded to my bed happily.

"Yay! The nice girl is awake!" He cried. I patted him weakly on the head. "What's your name?" He asked. I smiled.

"Saige." He smiled. Lupin grinned then patted Gazzy on the head.

"Hey, Gaz, why don't you go finish eating, and then we can all talk in a minute? Does that sound good?" Lupin asked. Gazzy nodded enthusiastically. I smiled. He ran off, his bar feet thudding against the wood floors. My heart warmed.

Lupin pulled up a chair next to the bed I was laying on. I shifted painfully until I was sitting up, then leaned over to brace my arms on my knees. My back groaned. Lupin looked at me.

"Why don't you tell me everything. From the beginning," He said.

I nodded then launched into my story. My back screamed and my neck hurt, but I let my mouth run and glared at the wall as I recounted the months I was in hell.

"When the third task started, you know the Triwizard Tournament?" I paused, but lupin nodded. He must know. "Well, anyways, Harry was in there We had gotten in a huge fight over Christmas break, but I was still worried about him. I was going to go talk to Hermione about a bad feeling I had when I guess my mind got taken over for a moment. I felt the need to go into the forest, and get away from everyone else. When I finally snapped out of it, I realized I had walked into the forest. I tried to find my way back, but I ran into a death eater. I thought I could take him, but he snapped my wand. I tried everything, but in the end he got me." I paused there, letting Lupin soak it all in.

"Your wand was the purpleheart wand, the one with phoenix tail core and pure starlight diamond tips?" he asked finally. I nodded.

"Yes, it was the one from legend, but the stupid idiot snapped it in half. I had nothing. He then took me, drugged me, and disapparated somewhere. I don't really remember, I was drowsy and soon I had passed out. When I woke up, I was stuffed in a body bag. I then figured out I was in a graveyard, and Harry and Cedric Diggory were there two. The third task was a trap. That's when he came back. Voldemort was brought back to life. Harry and I tried to fight back, but I knew I couldn't make it. I got Harry to take Cedric back, but the death eaters and Voldemort got me. He torched me. Cruciatus curse, pain inflicting poisons, new spells that made Cruciatus look like a blessing. It never ended. I finally passed out again. " I paused again.

"But when I woke up, I was in a grand house, and I learned that it was the home of the Malfoys. I had been held hostage in the cellar for a month before anything happened, but they had my broken wand, and I had nothing. Finally, Lucius Malfoy," at this Lupin scowled, "brought me up and had me chained up. That was when I saw him. Voldemort. He was sadistic." I paused here, then took a shuddering breath and continued.

"He knew for some reason he couldn't let me die, cause he needed me for something. He was always talking about a person to inject it in, a person to use, the wrong blood. I had no idea what he was talking about. I knew he wanted information about Harry, but I never gave in. And, another thing, I could see into his mind, like I would get these flashes of memories, stuff from Voldemort's past." I added.

I had never told anyone that. I had been getting odd flashes or anger and fear, but they were never my own memories. I finally concluded it to be that I could see into Voldemort's mind, but I never told anyone.

Lupin looked concerned, but he just told me to worry about it later and continue. "Finally, one day, Narcissa had me brought up, but instead of being tortured, I was chained to a table, and then drugged. I passed out, but the last things I saw were the two halves of my shattered wand. When I woke up later, I was in a grand room with my hand's bandaged and my magic back." I held up my bandaged hands.

Lupin's eyes widened as he realized what I meant. "Yes, he melted down my wand and had each half be placed inside my arms. He couldn't do it to himself because the magic would burn his blood and kill him. You know the saying, 'the wand chooses the wizard'? Well, turns out it was true, because the only person my wand wouldn't kill was, naturally, me. So afterwards, he put me under the Imperius curse, and tried to make me do his bidding. I tried so hard to break out of it, but I oculdn't. I was used as a weapon. I was trapped inside my body, forced to watch my hands murder innocent people. It wasn't until I saw Draco Malfoy that I realized I still had a chance. A few days later, I broke out of it and started to recover. I had been learning how to control the magic in my veins, and it made me more powerful than ever. So, I fought my way out, killing at least half of the death eaters in the house before I got out. Then I was on the run. I found Gazzy being attacked by some death eaters, and they were the ones I went back to go punish." I finished.

Lupin nodded, then sat in silence for a good minute. I looked down at my hands, wondering if they were still capable of the magic I had preformed only weeks ago. Tenderly, I unwrapped them and studied my hands. They were sore and had multiple cuts and scrapes on them, but the most significant, were two, very long and narrow scars that ran from the tip of my middle finger to a few inches below my wrist. And just under the scars, I could see faint glowing. My wand was still there. Lupin started to stand up, then turned around and spoke again.

"I'm going to be owling Sirius, I want him to see you. Harry and Hermione have not arrived from the muggle world yet, but I will be sending out a notice to the Daily Prophet to let them know you're alive. Is that okay?" he asked. I nodded. Then he handed me some chocolate, commanded me to eat then sleep, and left the room. My mind buzzed with the possibility of seeing my friends again.

What would they think of me?