Chapter 69 - Seeing Him Again

I was in ruins, both physically and mentally. My back- I noticed later that day- had been stitched back up, but after a moment of consideration, I ripped the threads out and healed that too. Even though the blood was gone, the ruined flesh still cut out of my back.

I still had no idea what had happened to me that night. That was the thing. I had no idea what was wrong with me – why all this shit was going on. All I knew was that I just wanted to either fight till the end or give up completely. I couldn't handle all of this 'pretend like it didn't happen' shit for very much longer.

Turns out, we were leaving for the holidays this afternoon. It had been two days since I left the hospital wing. I sat on my bed, already having packed my suitcase as I held my head between my hands. I was already dreading leaving school, having to face a week of being around him.

Harry.

I knew deep in my heart that our friendship was over. Forever. There was no coming back from this.

He had hurt Draco because of me.

Just in the two days I was around him, we had been avoiding each other like the plague. More than one I caught him glaring at me, but I whenever I tried to glare back he looked away. This Christmas was going to be just great.

On the better hand, I got a letter from Gazzy. We had been writing to each other for a while, but with Gazzy's sloppy handwriting and minimal education, it was often impossible to understand what he was saying.

Dear Saige,

Yu arr coming bac for Cristmis rit? I hop so. I mis yu. Cant wate to see yu. Mistr Remus ses yu wer hert... Arr yu good?

Gazzy.

It was short, but it warmed my cold heart. I couldn't help but smile as I counted the spelling mistakes, but hey, the kid was 8 years old and was on the run for who knows how long.

I tucked the letter into my bag, knowing I would make it back there right after the owl if I sent a letter back. After I sat back from tucking the envelope into my backpack, I fell once again into stress.

Draco.

His name was like a prayer on my lips. I couldn't possibly be more worried for my friend. I had no idea what Harry did to him. I wanted to see him, wanted to help him at least. Draco was probably my best friend – I don't know what I would do without him. Like I've said – I owe my life to him, the least I could do to repay him is heal his injuries.

A horrifying thought came to mind.

I could sneak into his house.

My hand stopped short of running through my insanely short hair as I took in the possibility. I could do it – I was fully capable. My heart sunk with the realization of the fact that I would be returning to the location of my torture, but for Draco – I would do anything.

I didn't hesitate as I scribbled a quick note to Hermione before standing up, slashing the air in front of me with a sore hand, and dissolving into the shadows.

____________________________________________________________________________________

When I landed, my heart swelled with icy fear. I was crouching in the middle of the large pathway, my body visible to everything. I quickly threw my hands up, imagining my body disappearing. Two seconds later and I was unsure of were my feet were.

I stood, now trusting my invisibility, but still unsure of my idea. I hated this house – hated this memory.

Draco. Do it for Draco.