Chapter 46- Into the Graveyard

After my powers erupted, my eyes were filled with images of fire and smoke. Apparently, my wand liked to light things on fire. Grenville was stumbling backward with singed skin, but I couldn't fight anymore. That was the drawback of my wand. I stumbled and fell onto the cool grass, my flames swirling with no control whatsoever. Grenville finally regained himself and charged up to me, swinging a leg and kicking me in the stomach. I grit my teeth against the pain and grabbed his leg, rolling backward across the ground and twisting his leg as I did. Grenville growled as he fell, and I scrambled up unsteadily. I wobbled on my legs for a moment, then set my jaw and charged at him, bring a strong arm up to sock him in the face. My energy was fading fast, but my muscles were itching for a fight. I let my body take over, delivering punch after kick after punch. Grenville fought back, but I knocked his wand out of his hand, so he knocked mine away in revenge. I lunged for my wand, but it landed on the ground a few feet away. We then tackled each other, and after a moment I had pinned Grenville on the ground with my knee on his neck, grabbed my wand, and jabbed it into his cheek.

"You will regret this," I panted, struggling to keep a strong hold on him. I prayed for teachers to come soon. Grenville thrashed under my hold, but I punched him in the face again. He spit blood.

"You shoulder never underestimate your enemies Saige," He whispered, and then he reached up and grabbed my wand with wicked speed. It was a moment of horror as I watched his hand tighten and the wood of my wand splinter. I watched in terror as my wand cracked in half, sending sparks out this way and that. I watched in horror as Grenville threw the two halves, still only connected by the tiny string of phoenix feather through the center. My heart sunk. I was done for. Grenville then threw off my hold, and in another moment had me in a headlock. I thrashed, but my vision was going black around the edge. The last two things I remember was the sinking feeling of loosing my wand, and the sight of an emerald green hat emerging over the hill along with a mop of greasy black hair. Snape and McGongall. They had come.

They were too late.

I tried to call out one last time, but my voice failed me and I slipped into darkness.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Harry thought he knew fear. Harry thought he had been afraid before. But when him and Cedric landed in the graveyard, Harry's heart was already encased in ice. Something wasn't right.

"Cedric, we need to get out of here. Cedric!" Harry cried, trying to pull Cedric towards the discarded cup, which was pulsing with a blue light a few feet away from them. Cedric nodded but didn't move.

"Where are we?" He asked, holding his wand up. Harry looked around, and then realized why he recognized the location. It was the graveyard of his dreams.

"A graveyard- Cedric we need to go!" Harry exclaimed, tugging the older boy's sleeve. Cedric started to follow Harry, but both of them froze as a figure emerged from behind a tombstone.

"Wormtail," Harry muttered as he took in the rat-like man carrying the small bundle. Wormtail didn't look up, but rather focused on the bundle in his arms. Harry noticed that it was moving.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Cedric cried bravely, holding his wand up. Harry held his own wand up as well. Wormtail didn't respond.

"Kill the spare!" A whispery voice cried. Harry watched in horror as Wormtail finally looked up and pointed his wand at Cedric. Harry knew what was coming. He tried to cry out, but his voice failed him. A horrid green light erupted from Wormtails wand and struck Cedric straight in the chest, throwing him back. When he landed, there was no light in his eyes. Harry's throat closed.

"No! CEDRIC!" Harry screamed, trying to run over to the boy. But Wormtail just waved his wand and threw Harry back against a large stone statue, then brought the statue to life to pin Harry against it. Harry's blood was ice. He had never been this scared before.

After a moment, Wormtail walked over to the center of the graveyard and whipped his wand, conjuring up a cauldron. He then dumped the bundle inside it, and in a heart lurching moment Harry realized it was a small creature inside the bundle. It splashed inside, sloshing around. Wormtail started to murmur and chant.

"Bone from the father. Unwillingly given," He chanted, as he uprooted a small arm bone from the grave below Harry. The bone splashed into the cauldron. "Flesh from the servant, willing sacrificed," Wormtail whimpered with this line, as he pulled out a large silver knife and cut his left hand off, the chunk of flesh splashing into the cauldron. Harry was mortified. "Blood of the enemies, unwilling taken!" Wormtail cried, walking over to Harry and slicing his arm open. Harry screamed in pain as Wormtail dropped a tiny bit of his blood into the fire. "Grenville! Bring the last key!" Wormtail cried again, and with a horrid laugh, a figure emerged with a struggling bundle in tow. The figure was a young man, who's face was contorted with a long scar, and his smile chilled Harry's bones. Harry focused on the bundle, which was thrashing on the ground. The man placed a foot on the top of the bundle, and it stilled, allowing Wormtail to cut the black cloth open. And what was inside filled Harry with more fear than anything else in the world. 

It was Saige. 

Dun dun dun. Hey guys!! Sorry this chapter is short, but it needed to end with a cliff hangar! You guys are gonna hate me for what's about to happen, but oh well! JKJK. Love you guys! 

xx syd