Chapter 89 - Fiendfyre

"He's mental." I muttered, jerking my head towards Harry, who was trying to convince Remus, Tonks, Arthur, and Sirius that Draco was a Death Eater. He had first brought it up to Hermione and Ron – he hadn't told me about his suspicions. It had been Ron who warned me of Harry's schemes. I had been more than furious – but I could see how Harry was putting the pieces together. He had just tried brought up the fact that he had been there while I was – how else could he break me out? I wanted to walk over and slap Harry across the face, but then again, I was more than mad at Draco as well. I was starting to make my own assumptions.

Most of the old order had come to spend the night together, but the mood was slightly diluted due to the fact that Remus had found Gazzy his parents - a muggle woman and a wizard father who had been searching for their son for years. Gazzy had written me a letter that I got the day before I left - he was spending his first Christmas with his family in years. I missed the little boy immensely, but I was glad he had found his family. And besides, he was probably safe with them. 

It was currently the day before Christmas – but the entire time I had been at home for Christmas I had been avoiding Harry. Unfortunately, when the both of you spent the entire break at the same house, it was getting difficult. Hermione had gone home to her parents for the break, so it was just the three of us. Poor Ron had been forced to be a mediator between Harry and I.

I sat with Ron, watching him complain about the color of his sweater, (a dark yellow that slightly resembled moldy cheese) that his mother had made for him. I was wearing mine, a dark forest green with a golden S knitted on the front. I loved it, and I had no idea why Ronald was so against the idea of wearing his.

"It brings out your eyes," I teased as I tried to tickle Ron, but he smacked my hand away and grabbed my wrist.

"Shut up Saige. You just think its funny." He said. I flashed him a grin. We chatted for a little bit, but after Ron made a comment about Lavender I burst out laughing. The poor boy was finally done with the clingy girl, and his desperation was hilarious. Unfortunately, my laughter was apparently distracting, because within seconds I was bombarded with heavy stares.

"Continue," I said darkly. Harry tried to catch my eye, but I turned away from him. "Dude, you gotta ditch that girl," I whispered under my breath with a hint of a smile.

"Is that Saige's laughter I can hear?" A voice called through the door. I looked up, my smile spreading as I saw the twins walk in the door. They had finally gotten here. Apparently their joke shop was more crowded than ever with the need for Christmas gifts, but they hadn't failed to find the way to get home for the holidays.

"Might be my evil twin's," I called back as I walked over to give the two a hug. They came in a sat down with Ron and me, which resulted in all of us joking and eating the lot of candy they had brought. Harry was still trying to convince the adults.

The night continued like so, with laughing, games and lots of eating. Harry finally gave up and left, then was nowhere to be seen for quite some time. I didn't care - the longer I didn't have to be around him the better – but I hated that I kept glancing around. Finally, after a grand dinner and desert, Remus and Tonks insisted on heading home, along with Sirius. I had just hugged Tonks and said goodbye to the pair, and headed up stairs to Ron's room.

"Ronald, what the devil are you holding?" I asked as I walked in. I could see the glint of gold in Ron's hands, and he sheepishly held up a necklace.

"She sent this," was all he said. I held in my laughter as I took the necklace from his hand and held it up in front of my face. I could see the words "My Sweetheart" etched into a solid golden locket, with an arrow shooting through. I couldn't hold it in anymore.