Chapter 33- I need Sleep.

When the green flames quit swirling around me, I took a shaky breath and stepped out of the dusty fireplace of the Leaky Cauldron. I saw Mr. Weasley, he had gone first, checking in, getting our rooms and giving the old wizard at the desk his luggage. Fred and George, who had been just before me, followed suit, so I walked over and dumped my suitcase next to the boys. Suddenly, meloncally panged my heart, and after a second of confusion I realized was I was mourning. After last year, I had grown accustomed to my suitcase traveling with my guitar case. I had left it at my house in France and hadn't have the heart to ask Mr. Weasley to retrieve it. Now, looking at my worn trunk with the intials S. W. engraved in faded gold on the side, my heart slowly sunk as I pictured my worn leather case with its beautiful guitar nestled inside. I had just gotten a new songbook and recording microphone before... Before it happened.

            "Yo. Earth to Saige." Somebody's hand waved in front of my face. Jumping up, startled, I saw Fred and George laughing at me, but then I rolled my eyes and apologized.

"Shut up you." I said, smirking. I smacked them both on the arms then looked around. The rest of the crew had showed up, so I walked over to Harry, Ron, and Hermione who had just dropped off their trunks.

            "Hey, whatcha doin?" I asked. Hermione had buried her head in a book, and at my question, popped up and flashed me a smile.

            "Just waiting, Ron and Harry are being a pain the butt." I laughed at watched as Harry and Ron launched into defensive remarks, but I tuned them out slightly. I couldn't keep the sadness that had seeped in from filling my mind and my heart. As if I was watching a super fast slide show, memories sifted through my head and reflected themselves on the inside of my eyelids.

            Sam tossing my over his shoulder the day I got my letter.

            My mother and father making me play baseball and track, but cheering embarrassingly at every game and meet.

            My old friends from primary school laughing along with me.

            Me and the trio laughing with each other when we had breaks in class.

            Singing in the great hall with the school listening.       

            Having fun in Professor Lupin's class and making fun of the other teachers in our dorms.

            Having a snowball fight with Fred and George after a game with Slytherin last year.

I literally had to smack my own head and blink rapidly to clear my thoughts and stop the tears from falling. I had sworn to myself I wouldn't cry over the past anymore, but I guess my eyes had different ideas.

            "Hey, you okay?" Harry said, placing a warm hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and put on a fake smile.

            "Yeah, don't worry, just got a pounding headache that I want to kick to next month. I'm totally good" I joked, waving his remark off. Fake. Fake. It was all a show. Nothing was real. Lies. All lies. You aren't true to your friends. You hide behind your shell of sarcasm. You will burn.

            This really set me off, so I grit my teeth and shut down my ever-so-annoying voice inside my head. This was not what I needed right now. Harry gave me another long look, and I smiled again to ease his worry.

A few butterbeers, small laughing fits, and a quick dinner later, I was up in my room that I was sharing with Hermione and Ginny. Hermione was currently reading on the small bed that she had claimed, while Ginny was already softly snoring on the other bed. I had opted for the tiny but surprisingly comfy armchair in the corner of the room and had laid out a small blanket to sleep under.