Chapter 62- Dumbledore's Army

The next few weeks were both rough and hilarious. I had seven more detentions and seven more sets of fresh scars cut into my hand. I had figured out how to remove the scars, so my hand still looked like it had before the toad had forced me to cut my own flesh. I still got my revenge though, our classes were spent trying to stifle laughter as I played prank after prank after prank on Umbridge. Fred and George had actually confronted me about it, asking how I managed to pull so many jokes on her. They actually asked me to help them form a line of prank treats to give out, and I eagerly accepted.

The one thing that excited me about this year was that Quidditch was finally back. Last year we hadn't gotten to play because of the Triwizard Tournament but this year we were back on schedule. Katie and Angelina were once again astonished at my return, but we were all super happy to hopefully be on the same team again. I was sad that Wood was gone, but I intended to write him a letter sometime.

Quidditch trials were fine. Angelina had been made captain, and it was without a doubt at the end of the trials that Katie and I had made the team, along with the twins, Harry, and a 5th year boy named Drew Green playing keeper. I never noticed him before, but he was pretty much as good as Wood had been.

I was sitting in the common room late at night with Hermione, Ron and Harry after we had received a fire call from Sirius. He had warned us about the order and Voldemort's movements, but he had to leave before he could tell us more. "He really is out there isn't he?" Hermione asked quietly from the window. Harry and I looked at each other.

"Yes, he is." I said, my voice laced with a hint of anger. Harry nodded.

"We have to be able to defend ourselves," Hermione started again, still looking out at the storm that was brewing around the castle. "And if Umbridge refuses to teach us, we needs someone who will..." She said, finally turning around to look at Harry and I.

It took me a moment to realize what she meant. She wanted Harry and I to teach DADA. My brain stalled.

"What?" I asked, looking at her like she was crazy.

Hermione bit her lip. "Please Saige, you and Harry have had more experience than ever. You can teach us. We need to be able to defend ourselves," She said, pleadingly. I sighed.

"Well, I guess...I don't know," I mumbled, looking at Harry. He shrugged.

"Fine." He said.

Oh boy here we go.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Why did we agree to this again?" I huffed to Harry as we walked down to the Hogs Head, a rundown pub in Hogsmead. Harry shrugged.

"I know, why would anyone want me to teach them? I'm a loon remember?" He laughed, sticking his hands in his pockets against the cold. I buried my face in the scarf that wove around my neck, willing my hands to rise in temperature up to keep me warm.

"Hey, at least you two can't be worse than old Toad face," Ron joked, leading us into the pub. "Lovely spot Mione," He huffed as we took in the empty pub. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I wanted somewhere out of the way." She said, asking the old barkeep for a large table. He led us to the back of the room were some chairs were set up around a table.

"Gosh Hermione, how many people are coming?" I said with wide eyes as I looked at all the chairs.

"Just a few," She said. I huffed.

People started to find there way in and with every passing person my heart rose higher and higher into my throat. There had to be a solid thirty people here. Jeez.