Chapter 10-A chat with Dumbledore

Whiteness. That's all I registered. Just a whole lot of white. Heck, I had no idea what was going on, but if I had to look at all of this whiteness for much longer I was going to die. Was I dead? No. How did I know that? I was in pain, and a heck of a lot of it. When you die you loose pain. I hope. Cause it would suck to be dead. But I knew I wasn't dead cause I could hear voices, and as soon as I could hear them, the white faded to black. The insides of my eyelids. I watched as the multicolored blobs floated across my vision, until I registered three voices. Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Then I realized that I was in the hospital wing. Then I realized that I was sore, and could barely move. So, I opened my eyes.

"SAIGE!" they screamed. I was immediately cringing and trying to hide my ears in the pillow on which my head was resting.

"Guys, turn down the volume!" I managed. I tried to sit up, but the three people sitting on my bed pinned down my blankets. They were a wreck, Hermione's eyes were red and tears were still streaming down her face, Ron's face was scraped up and he had multiple bandages all over, and Harry's face was sticken and cut up. Not as bad as Ron's however. He did have a few burns here and there, and as I tried to remember what the hell burned him, everything came back, rushing towards me and hitting me like a ton of freaking bricks. Wonderful. Then I realized what had happened with Harry and Quirrel, and was left to wonder what the hell happened to me.

"Oh my god Saige! You're alive!" Hermione was crying harder, and she grabbed me in the tightest hug ever. My necklace, which was still there, pinched painfully against my chest. 

"Well- I- won't- be- alive- much longer- if you- don't- LET GO!" I said in between breaths. Hermione instantly let go and apologized, but I could tell how relieved she was. How relieved they all were.

"Let the girl breathe Mione!" Ron said, and chuckled.

"Hop off the bed and let me sit up, and then I will give you a proper hug." I said, my sarcasm was already coming back, which was a good sign. They laughed and jumped up, and I clambered out, muttering swear words that my parents wouldn't be exactly happy about as I felt my sore muscles screaming. But I ignored that and managed to bring myself to my feet. "Ah, it feels better to walk around." I said, and of course, right after I said that, I tripped on my own bloody feet and fell down. Well I would have if a certain dark haired boy hadn't caught me once more.

"Careful!" He said, and then looked at me, and I looked right back at his emerald green eyes. "I think you owe me a hug for 1) scaring the crap out of me, and 2) SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME!" Harry said, laughing. I could see in his eyes that he had been truly terrified. So I just threw my arms around his neck and whispered in his ear.

"I'm sorry for saving your sorry ass." Harry burst out laughing and I joined. Hermione was watching us, Ron just looking and Harry and I with confusion, but Hermione gave me a look.

"Shut up you." I said, then pulled her into a tight hug. I could feel her shoulders shaking, and my shoulder started to get wet. When I let go I could see that Hermione was really crying, but she was smiling too.

"Thank god your okay Saige." She said. I smiled. I internally wondered where my brother was.

"Well do I get a hug or no?" Ron said with mock impatience. I threw my head back, (internally swearing as I felt my neck strain) and laughed.

"Of course Ronald." I threw my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist. We stood for a few seconds, then I let go and smacked his head. "But next time, don't go sacrificing yourself to a giant chess set and scaring the crap out of me." I said sternly. But we all laughed as Ron promised. Suddenly, Professor Dumbledore walked in, and we all quieted.

"Ah, Miss Walker. I see you have fully recovered. And reunited with your friends. Could I have a word?" He said with a smile. I nodded, and Harry Ron and Hermione shuffled out the door. I sat down on my bed, and looked at the great wizard standing before me.

"Professor, could you," I started, but lost my words.

"Could I explain to you exactly what happened down in the dungeons?" He took the words right from my mouth. I nodded. "Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the exact reasoning for the events that took place in the dungeons, but I can give you my most likely theory. Which, between you and me, is probably right." He said with a twinkle in his eye. I smiled.

"What happened with you and your dear friend Harry and Professor Quirrel is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows. But, as you may find in a few moments, rumors spread quickly, and with every person they pass they get farther and farther from the truth. So I would like you to hear my theory out. I would rather tell you the closest thing to the truth, than the nonsense, however heroic your friends may make it, you will hear as soon as you step out of the hospital wing." I nodded, I wanted the truth, and Dumbledore was the one to know it.

"So, after Mr. Potter woke up, he told me what had happened, and while I said nothing to worry him, I was left wondering. He described your magic as powerful, more powerful than any first year could have managed, if I interpreted correctly. And, while you were out, I took a look at your wand. Please don't worry, I would never damage or tamper with it, nor put you in danger because of the power you possess. You may or may not know that your wand is-"

"Purple heart wood with starlight diamond tips and phoenix tail feather core, one of the most powerful wands in the world." I said. Dumbledore didn't look surprised; he merely smiled. 

"I knew you were a smart student. But yes, you wand contains the two lost starlight diamonds, and how Mr. Ollivander came by them I do not know. But I do know that you discovered the first layer of the power you possess. You can control the velocity of your spells, and the actions of them, just by thinking. This is a rare talent, coming from a wand. The wand chooses the wizard, and while most wizards' wands understand them, they cannot be complete controlled by the mind like you can control your own wand." He paused, letting me soak it all in. Then he continued. 

"I cannot tell you the rest of the abilities you posses, while bonded with this wand, but I will make sure that if anyone else finds out, someone who is no friend to you, that you will not be touched. But I can tell you that these powers will come with prices, and as Mr. Potter described your state after the show of fire against Professor Quirrel, I can connect the dots to see that having this power will drain you, until you learn how to harness and control it. You will loose your energy fast, and be unable to retrieve it for quite some time. And, also, as Mr. Potter described the last moment of his own consciousness, he told me that you seemed to, and I quote, "erupt."" Dumbledore paused, as if asking for my own opinion.

"Well, that would be the correct word for it. All I remember was rage, rage about Quirrel almost killing Harry, that just brought back my energy. But I couldn't control myself, it just blasted through everything, and the last thing I remember was Voldemort's spirit, or whatever it was, flying throught my chest. Harry was already unconscious, I think my blast knocked him out. But as I fell, I saw the stone in his hand. What was that all about?" I asked.

"The stone was placed inside the mirror, by myself and Nicholas Flamel. But now, it has been decided that the stone should be destroyed, and was so just a few days ago." Dumbledore said calmly.

"But wont Flamel die?" I asked. Dumbledore nodded.

"He and his wife have enough elixir to set their affairs in order, but then yes, they will die." I didn't respond.

"Sir, I have one last question."

"Ask away my dear."

"Will Voldemort be able to come back?" I said, looking up. Dumbledore's face tightened ever-so-slightly.

"I do not know. He may be able to find ways to return. The only hope we can have is that we find a way to stop him once and for all before his returns to his mortal body once more. But I think that is enough for today, and I think your friends are getting restless." Dumbledore patted my head and stood up. I followed, muttering curses again as I stretched my sore muscles. Then I followed him out the door, and into the arms of my three best friends. Once we made it out of the Hospital wing, my brother was there to welcome me into his arms. He however, immeidatley started to lecture me on my dangerousness, but I could tell he was proud. I think things were about to get much better.