Chapter 63- Back at it

Surprising enough to say, the Army meetings were actually working. The first few were rough, but Harry and I started to get the hang of it. However, it was taking up loads of time, which, unfortunately, took its toll.

"Mione, can you pleeeeaaaasssseeeee, just finish this up for me?" I moaned as I stretched out my legs. Hermione huffed.

"Why can't you just do it?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"We have a match in 20 minutes, I really should go get ready," I complained, standing up and walking towards the staircase. Hermione glared at me for a moment, but just sighed and pulled my parchment over, reading through my work and rewriting the conclusion. Thank god for her.

I ran up to the dormitory and dug through my stuff, looking for my Quidditch gear. It was our first match of the year, and it was just our luck that we were playing Slytherin. Draco, whom I had talked to about this recently, wasn't playing seeker anymore, but still expected his team to win. I was more than determined to prove him wrong.

I was crouching down under my bed to look for my boots when my hand hit something hard. Leather. I grabbed the object and pulled it out, dust flying everywhere. When I identified the object, my chest tightened.

It was my old guitar. I had left it at school last year, and nobody had found it.

I gingerly flipped the latches up and tugged the case open, staring at the still shiny black acoustic guitar lying in the deep red velvet. My fingers floated above the neck, lingering in shock for a moment before picking it up.

I tested the tuning softly and strummed a few simple chords, afraid to play. It had been so long since I had.

Tenderly, I started to play a simple song, my fingers dancing along the fretboard. After a few minutes of playing I paused, realizing that I really did have to get ready for our match, then carefully placed the guitar back in the case, shoving it back under my bed. With my mood slightly dimmed, I stuffed my cold feet into the soft boots, lacing them up before I threw jacket on and ran downstairs, meeting Harry, who was dressed identically, at the bottom. Hermione and Ron were arguing over something, (like usual) but Harry and I just bid them goodbye and walked out of the common room, heading down to the pitch. I spotted the rest of our team walking out already, so Harry and I ran down to our tent.

"There you guys are! I was worried!" Angelina called as Harry and I ducked through the flap. I rolled my eyes quickly and filled into my spot next to Katie.

"Sorry, homework" I mumbled, stuffing my fingers into my gloves. Angelina and Katie went over some basic reminders, but I could tell the team was itching to get out there. Finally, we started to hear the stands fill up, and within moments we were lining up at the flap of the tent. I stood next to Angelina, waiting until her call to walk out onto the pitch.

Finally, we heard Madam Hooch's whistle, and with a burst of cheering we all mounted our brooms and zoomed into the air. My lungs filled with fresh air as my body relished the feeling of flying, my smiled stretching from ear to ear. I zoomed around for a moment, showing off a few tricks while the crowd cheered. Ok, yeah, I get a little cocky when it comes to Quidditch. Sorry not sorry.

After Madam Hooch signaled us into the center, I listened to her usually lecture while I realized that I didn't need to tie my hair up anymore. It just floated in light wisps around my face, but while I was flying it just got blown back. Thank gods.

As we flew into starting formation, I eyed the Slytherin team, smirking at the two tiny chasers and the oaf who looked like he had spilt koolade all over himself that called him a beater. I felt bad for Draco, but I had a feeling this game may be a tad bit more play and less fight.