Chapter 25- What to do?

After the girl draped in the worn, knitted blanket stumbled up the stairs and disappeared from view, the Weasley's and sole Potter sat in a thick silence. Harry could hear the girl flop onto the bed, but then heard no more. Then, everyone looked at each other, but nobody said anything. It was for quite some time that they sat like this, until Ginny broke the silence.

"What are we going to do? She's- she's broken," the small redheaded girl looked into her lap. Harry felt the tears threatening to come again, but he swallowed them.

"We should write to Dumbledore, and to Hermione," Fred suggested. Harry and Ron both gave a weak nod, and walked out of the room. When the two boys trudged up the stairs and into the room they were sharing, Ron, out of the blue, punched the wall. Harry looked up at his friend, startled at his change in behavior.

"I don't want to talk to Dumbledore, he's the reason she was on her own for six months!" Ron spat. Harry nodded. His feelings towards the wise headmaster were spiraling, and he couldn't decide whether to believe that Dumbledore had tried to help Saige, or if he had let her, and Harry, down. "We should tell Hermione. She would want to know. And maybe we can write to Professor McGonagall. She would understand." Ron continued. Harry was astonished that Ron had found his voice, Harry was still wondering what the hell had just happened, from pausing their friendly quidditch game to seeing the long lost girl to hearing her break down to watching her disappear, maybe forever.

"Yeah, I'll write to McGonagall, you write to Mione." Harry managed. He walked over to his trunk and pulled out a piece of parchment and an envelope. Then he grabbed his quill and ink, sat next to Ron on the bed, and started to write.

Professor McGonagall.

I would be writing to Dumbledore if I weren't slightly furious at him. You remember Saige Walker, of course you do. Quidditch star, genius, friendly to everyone, life of the Gryffindor house? Well, after she went missing I think everyone assumed she was dead, along with her family that was murdered by Voldemort. Well, we found her.

She's alive, but just barely. When she knocked on the door of Ron's house, he went to open it and found her, but she had lost her voice. All she could do was stare at us and mumble. But when Ron closed the door she snapped, and sort of went crazy. She ran outside and started to scream, closing her eyes and holding her head in her hands.

We didn't know what to do. She's better now, but she's sleeping. We don't know what to do, or how to help her. I'm at the Weasley's right now, and I'm staying for the rest of the summer, but how do we help here? What do we do?

Harry Potter.

After Harry finished his letter he gave it to Ron to read through, and quickly read through Ron's letter to Hermione. It said almost the exact same thing as Harry's, but with less grammar and more swear words. The boys both reached for their envelopes and stuck the letters in, and because they didn't trust Pigwigeon to be able to carry a letter that far, they tied both letter's to Hedwig's talons and sent her off. Then they sat in silence once more.

"Do you think she will ever be the same?" Ron asked quietly. Harry shrugged. He knew how it felt to not have parents, to not have anyone to love you anymore. But Saige did have that, and she was still raw from the pain of having that ripped away from her.

"No, I don't think she will ever be the same. But maybe she will get better." Harry said, startling himself with his voice. They still had a month and a half till school started, and Hermione was going to come the day they were going to go to the quidditch world cup. Quidditch. Maybe that would make Saige feel better?

"Ron, do you think Saige will feel better by playing quidditch?" Harry asked softly. Ron looked at him, then bit his lip.

"Mate, I have no idea. She might, it might let her have fun for once, but her whole family played and it might remind her of them, causing her to break down again or something."

"Oh, yeah. I guess," Harry looked out the window of the tiny room, watching his owl fly away. He prayed that they would be able to make this better, for Saige.

____________________________________________________________________________________

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Hermione had been sitting in her room reading a brand new book, Cinder, when she heard the pecking on her window. She popped up, carefully closing the book and walking to her window.

"Hedwig?" She asked to no one in particular. She saw the letter tied to Hedwig's talon addresses to her, and pulled it off. Stroking Hedwig's soft feathers, she careful opened the letter, smirking to herself at Ron's messy handwriting. It was messier than usual. She slipped the letter from the envelope, discarding the envelope on the bed behind her as she sat down on her bay window seat. Then she started to read. Then she started to feel her jaw drop, and tears filled her eyes, but stayed there. She told herself not to cry, as she read the scribbled words on the paper, signed by Ron and Harry.

They had found Saige.

She was alive.