Chapter 97 - The Cave

I finally spoke to Harry about Ginny. It was surprisingly not an awkward conversation considering that Harry had admitted to being jealous of Draco and I and I had a crush on him in 4th year. However, I was over that, and so was he. I tried dropping hints about who he was currently crushing on, but finally just asked him. His face flustered immediately, but after a few minutes of intense interrogations, I got him to admit his crush on the youngest Weasley. I couldn't help but squeal. I felt giddy, lighter than I should be.

Another month and a half passed, and before we knew it we were heading towards May. It was the rainy season right now – the sky poured buckets nonstop. Harry had been visiting Dumbledore a lot recently after finally acquiring the memory from Slughorn late a night a few weeks ago using the lucky potion he had won from said man. It was quite ironic. Anyways, the night the sky seemed to grow darker and more dreary, Harry was called to Dumbledore's office once more. And this time, I was apparently requested.

"Dumbledore wants to see us," Harry said to me quietly after classes finished. I looked up from picking at the callouses on my fingers to stare at him.

"Us?" I asked. Harry nodded.

"And you might want to bring a jacket," He said as he sat up, walking over to where his hoodie was tossed on the table. I stood, following the confusing boy through the common room after I had grabbed my own hoodie from the couch.

"Harry, why does Dumbledore want me?" I bugged, tugging on his sleeve. He ignored me, continuing to inform Ron and Hermione we were leaving. Ron gave me a weird look. I raised and eyebrow and shrugged, pointing silently to Harry. Ron shrugged back. Harry tugged on my arm, pulling me away.

"Well have fun?" Ron encouraged with a loopy smile. I rolled my eyes at him, finally turning to follow Harry out the door. We made small talk on the way towards Dumbledore's office, but my mind was starting to run. Why would Dumbledore want me? He hated me – he also knew that the feeling was mutual.

"Ah, Harry, right on time. And I see you have Miss Saige," A voice called quietly from the balcony on which Harry had been instructed to meet Dumbledore. I hugged my hoodie to my shoulders, regretting not bringing a raincoat instead. Water tumbled in from the balcony and splashed on my face.

Dumbledore was standing by the edge, seemingly dry in the downpour. I stole his idea, and after a moment of silent trial and error, I was able to keep myself dry from the rain with a twiddle of my fingers. Harry, upon noticing my warmth, glared at me from between the strands of wet hair hanging over his eyes. Dumbledore just chuckled and waved his wand, drying Harry off in an instant.

"Thank you, Professor," He said kindly, but I caught the sarcasm thrown my way.

"Well, shall we go?" Dumbledore asked, holding out an arm. I almost stepped back in utter confusion, expecting Harry to do so as well, but Harry just took Dumbledore's arm and grabbed my wrist.

Before I could register, something latched around my gut and pulled. I almost cried out, but then I was on my knees on a large rock in the middle of a sea. Cliffs loomed about 100 yards away. My guts felt like they were inside out.

"I assume you've never apparated before Miss Walker?" Dumbledore called over the storm coolly. I struggled to my feet. Harry finally lent an arm. I blinked water out of my eyes, trying to gather my surroundings. Apparating was nothing like the weird shadow travel I could do. I swallowed hard.

"No, I haven't. A warning would've been nice," I said with steel. My spell was knocked off in the process of getting here and I was now drenched. At least Dumbledore and Harry were as well. We all turned to stare at the cliffs. I was more confused then ever.