Chapter 105 - Separated

The next few weeks passed slowly and painfully. We helped Mr. and Mrs. Weasley as much as we could with preparing for Fleur and Bill's wedding, but I was restless and anxious the entire time. Someone dude from the ministry showed up to present Harry, Ron, and Hermione the contents of Dumbledore's will, but I paid that no attention and continued to prepare for the wedding.

Luckily, the night came quickly and with a little help from my own magic, I was able to relax enough to enjoy the night.

I was helping Hermione with her dress before the guests arrived, zipping up her cherry red lace gown. She spun around and glanced at herself in the mirror in Ginny's room. I stood to the back, fiddling with my pajama shirt.

"Do you think this looks okay?" Hermione asked quietly, clipping a small necklace around her neck. I beamed at her, stepping forward to adjust a piece of her hair before nodding.

"It looks perfect Mione," I said softly. There was a twinkle in her eyes that reminded me of the Yule ball all those years ago. "Do you remember when we helped each other get ready for the Yule ball?" I asked with a small laugh, stepping back to let Hermione fuss with her appearance in the mirror. She nodded, letting out a soft laugh.

"How could I forget you and your crazy hair?" she joked, reaching over and tugging on a thick chunk of my hair. I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Yeah, it took forever to get into that half braid thing," I breathed, a smile spread across my face. Hermione laughed along with me, but then turned to the bed where we had laid our clothes and grabbed my dress.

"Okay you, your turn," she said, shoving the dress into my arms. I stepped back under the weight of it, wrestling my lip between my teeth as I held it up. Compared to Hermione's cherry red lace, my dress was dark and simplistic. Made of thick navy blue fabric, it was a thigh length long sleeved dress with embroidery around the high collar and cuffs. A slit through the neckline came down to mid-sternum, leaving just enough room for a dainty necklace, which Mrs. Weasley had picked out for me, to rest against my collarbones. I disappeared into the bathroom to discard my pajamas and slide the dress on. I adjusted it for a moment before stepping out and tossing my pajamas in a hump on the floor. Hermione spun, her face breaking out into a smile.

"Saige, oh my goodness, it's perfect," she breathed, racing over to help me with the final adjustments. I ran my fingers through my hair, letting my magic do its work in untangling my long chocolate curls. I decided to leave it down, doing nothing but magically softening it and making it smoother and shinier. I had done the same with Hermione's curls.

"Well, here goes nothing I guess," I said as I rubbed my hands together. My magic had been jumpy lately, feeling like it was going to burst at any moment. We had been too calm for too long. Deep in my gut there was the feeling that something was going to happen, and soon.

We fussed with our outfits and appearances for a little while more before we heard the call of Ms. Weasley to come down and begin to greet guests. Hermione and I shared a glance before wobbling downstairs in our heels and heading outside to see the trickle of people started to wade into the large tent set up in the field.

I found Harry in the back, fingers clutched tightly around the snitch Dumbledore had supposedly left Harry in his will.

"Hey you," I called, walking to stand next to him. Harry glanced up from where he had been glaring at the small ball in his hands, and quickly pocketed it.

"Hey," Harry breathed. I caught the stress in his glance.

"You okay? You seem tight," I prodded, reaching out to grasp his arm. Harry nodded quickly, his wild curls bobbing.