Chapter 55- Gazzy and Payback

When we landed, it wasn't pretty. I hadn't had enough time to gather enough power to land safely. I felt my feet slam into the ground and I had enough energy left to tuck the small boy into my arms and roll over so my back hit first. I slammed into what seemed like hard dirt, then slid back a few feet before we came to a stop. The boy was shaking in my arms. I sat up and looked the boy over, then healed a few more cuts that littered his face. He looked up at me with his huge blue eyes.

"Thank-thank you." He stammered. I placed him on the ground.

"No worries. You're safe now. What is your name?" I asked softly, looking at the boy.

"Gazzy." He murmured. I smiled. Cute name. I stood shakily to my feet as I took in our surroundings. We seemed to have landed in a small plot of land, and the only structure I saw was a small house with smoke coming from the chimney. I made up my mind. I wanted to go back and take down those idiots and make them pay for what they did. I pulled Gazzy along with me as I walked towards the house. I prayed it would be someone who I could trust. I pounded on the door.

"Hold on please," someone called and a few seconds later I was glaring at a man I thought I wouldn't see again.

Remus Lupin stood at the door, his shabby clothes and fatigued look all the same as a few years ago. "Uh, hello?" He asked. I wondered if he recognized me. I softened my glare.

"Um, excuse me, I'm sorry I barged in..." I started, but for the first time in a long time my words failed me. Lupin eyebrows scrunched together. Then his eyes widened.

"Do I know you?" he asked. I nodded, taking a deep breath. Gazzy was silent at my side.

"I was in your class a year ago at Hogwarts, Saige Walker?" I said slowly. Lupin's jaw dropped.

"Saige? I heard you were killed?" He asked. "You should come inside," He said, and I pulled Gazzy into the cozy house. A small fire was lit in the tiny fireplace, and worn armchairs sat in front of it. We all took a seat, and I pulled Gazzy next to me.

"You should probably tell me what happened." Lupin said. I took another deep breath.

"I promise I will, but I have a job I need finished. This is Gazzy, I saved him from some bullies. I need to run and get something, but I can't take him with me. Can you watch him?" I asked unsteadily. Gazzy looked up at me with concern.

"You're leaving?" he asked softly. I smiled weakly. I already loved this kid.

"I can watch him. How long will you be gone?" Lupin said. I bit my lip.m

"At most just a few days. Send word to the others that I'm alive. They need to know," I said, and then looked down at Gazzy again.

"Hey, Mr. Lupin is a good man. He will take care of you, I promise. I will be back soon," I said, then pulled the small boy into a hug. His tiny arms tightened around my sore back. I then stood and thanked Lupin again.

"It means the world. I will try to be back soon," I said, walking out the door. Gazzy was already curling up by the fire with a blanket Lupin had brought out for him. Lupin looked at me with concern.

"Are you really okay? I heard about everything, you missed the second half of the year right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Voldemort's been targeting me for a few years it seems." I said, shrugging. "But I'm never going to let him scare me again."

"Yeah," Was all Lupin said. I bid him goodbye and walked back into the large field I had landed in earlier, already starting to pull shadows from the night landscape. I turned around and waved one more time, then slipped into darkness.