Chapter 40- Shopping and New Friends

Hermione and I were planning to head down to Hogsmead today to buy our dresses. It was an understatement to say that I was unsure about the whole thing. I doubted I would be able to find a dress, and if I didn't, well, I would end up dancing in my pajamas or something. My head cringed at the thought. I was throwing on a jacket and my Gryffindor scarf when Hermione popped her head into the dormitory.

"You comin' at all? Honestly Saige, you're so slow," she piped, laughing. I scowled at her, shoved my brown leather combat books on, grabbed a beanie, then followed her out the door and down the stairs. Harry and Ron were drinking hot chocolate by the fire playing a game of Wizards Chess.

"Jeez Ron, you're creaming Harry. Give him a chance to play," I joked, patting Harry on the head as I walked by. "Harry - by the way - you should probably figure out that egg sometime soon." He had achieved the egg from the dragon task, but still hadn't figured out the hidden clue inside it. The second task was just a week after the Ball.

"Shut up Saige. I'll do it later." Harry said, moving a piece forward on the board. However, two seconds later it was demolished as it had clearly played right into Ron's plan. I chuckled.

"See y'all later!" I shouted behind me, following Hermione to the door. Ron lifted his head.

"Who are you guys going with? You still haven't told us! If you've even got someone..." Ron said. I grit my teeth.

"You'll find out soon enough you twerp." I called back, giggling to Hermione as we walked out of the common room. They are such twerps!

"They are gonna kill us when they find out," I said to Hermione. She just shrugged.

"Their problem. We got asked. They didn't ask anyone. Not our fault," she said. I nodded, and then braced myself for the cold as we walked outside, following the small line of students filing towards the carriages. I spotted the two girls from the other day another with another brown haired girl hop into a rather empty carriage, so Hermione and I followed them. As we sat down, I studied the brown haired girl sat next to the blonde.

She was stunning, to say the least. She had lush, full eyelashes that framed her face, and a splash of freckles across her nose. Her skin was pale, but her dark brown hair contrasted beautifully. I couldn't help but envy her beauty. I tore my eyes away to not seem weird and turned to Hermione.

"Do you know those girls?" I whispered to her. We were sitting on the opposite side of the carriage, and they were talking with each other with loud giggles. Hermione nodded.

"They're in our year, all Ravenclaws. That's Hayley McMillen, the blond one. She's an amazing singer. Last year, while you were, you know, gone," She paused, sending a cautious glance my way. I motioned for her to continue. "Anyways, she was one of the singers for the choir. She's amazing. The girl next to her, the dark haired one with glasses, that's Brooklyn Rose. She's wicked smart. She also writes, I've read her work - its incredible." I nodded.

"What about the other girl? I've never seen her before." I said, tilting my head ever so slightly at the pretty girl. Hermione smiled.

"That's Mina Pariea. She transferred from Asia while you were gone. She's really pretty isn't she?" Hermione smiled. I nodded, biting my lip as I tried to match each person's personalities to their appearance.

"What's her special thing, everybody seems to have one right?" I asked quietly. Hermione nodded.

"Art. Her drawings are picture perfect and she has an amazing style. I've seen her work, she's in my Transfiguration class. She doodles all over her work, and they are drawings worth being framed and showed in a museum."