Chapter 99 - Blind

Draco stood with his heart hammering on the edge of the balcony, his voice raw from screaming. Saige had just jumped off. He glanced around frantically, but Bellatrix and Greyback were gone. The tower, now clear of Saige's green smoke, was empty. Draco wobbled on weak knees, trying to take in what had just happened.

"Saige!"

He screamed and screamed, praying that Saige hadn't hit the ground hard. Praying that she was powerful enough to stop her fall – that she wouldn't let her past fears consume her.

You can come with me, or you can go with them. But choose now, and never change your godamn mind.

Her words rattled in his mind like pinballs. He wanted to, so goddam badly, to just leave Voldemort behind and go with her. But he knew it would get his mother killed – and that was something he just couldn't let happen. But, it was saige. She could potentially protect him and his mother.

Draco finally made up his mind then sprinted for the stairs. After a minute of rushing through the crazy castle, he stumbled out of the stone walls and into an empty courtyard.

____________________________________

I guess you could say my exit was just a tad bit dramatic.

But what the hey, the look on Draco's face was hilarious.

I hadn't fallen when I had leapt of the balcony – instead I had swung underneath it and then crawled down to the ground on the rough stone walls. However, I had paused just long enough to get a glimpse of Draco's face – and boy, it had been worth it.

I still was still horribly infatuated with the goddam boy, but I couldn't help but feel a sick sense of glee when he realized what I had done.

But now was not the time to worry about that.

I slid to the ground, rubbing blood off Yaxley's knife and sliding it back into the tiny holster tucked into my jeans. I sprinted off, passing Dumbledore's unnoticed dead body on the way. I felt little remorse for the old man. It seemed weird to see Harry's mentor sprawled on the ground in front of me.

I took off running, listening to the sounds of battle ahead of me. I tasted rage in my throat when I heard screaming, promising that if a single student was harmed that Hell would be raised.

"SAIGE!" I heard a voice scream, and then Ron and Hermione were running into the hallway. They grabbed my shoulder and took off, practically dragging me backwards.

I finally found my footing and slammed to a stop, holding onto their shoulders as I did so.

"What the heck is going on?" I asked, panting. Ron and Hermione exchanged glances, checking over my shoulder for something. I threw a shield up around us.

"Death eaters – they've infiltrated the school – Harry just ran past, told us to keep the kids in the Common rooms and guard the entrances. We were heading up to Gryffindor – one of them was chasing us – but I don't know where he is now," Ron sputtered, and with that, they were off. I stood there for a second, taking deep breaths, but then I turned and sprinted down the hall, my long hair flying behind me.

I found them outside the castle walls, running towards Hagrid's Hut. All of them were there – I could see Bellatrix, Greyback, and the others, along with snape.

You better be fulfilling the plan you sneaky shit.

I paid no attention to Snape as I knew what he was doing. Instead, I finally found Harry in the mayhem, heading straight for snape. Shit.