Chapter 73 - Light and Dark

"Hey Saige, can I talk to you?" A voice called through my door. I looked up from the book I was reading to see Ron peek his head through the door. I looked at him funny, but nodded. Ron walked into the room, sitting down on Hermione's bed across from me.

"What's up?" I asked, sitting up on my bed and closing my book. Ron's face scrunched up.

"What's going on with you and Harry?" Ron said. I sighed, rubbing a hand through my still short hair.

"I thought you knew?" I asked. Ron shrugged.

"I know why you guys fought last year, but something is different this year. Why?" He asked. I licked my lips.

"Do you want a lie or the shitty truth?" I asked. Ron looked at me.

"Truth. I just want you help you guys. I hate seeing my two best friends at each other's throats 24/7." Ron muttered. I was surprised as how worn out he sounded. I came over and sat next to him on the side of the bed.

"Shitty truth is, I don't know what's happening between us. I honestly don't know. I want to trust him, I want to love him as my friend again like before, but I can't. Not after what he said about Draco, not after what he did to him. I love you guys, I really do, but for him to say those things about one of my other friends, and say things to me? I can't take it. Harry thinks I'm stupid- foolish even- but for him to even think he has the right to control me? Its just insulting." I said. Ron nodded, but was quiet.

"I'm glad you have Draco. I really am. I mean, he still a pain in the ass little ferret, but he is there for you when we can't and I'm glad you trust him. I'm sorry Harry doesn't see it like that." Ron said after a while. I looked at him.

"Really?" I asked, surprised. Ron met my gaze.

"Really. I'm sorry for being an ass to him. I really hope Harry can see what he's done to you. I hope we can all fix this." Ron said earnestly. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Ron, thank you. Thank you." I breathed, a pound of bricks I didn't know I had lifting off my shoulders. Ron nodded but then was silent. The both of us seemed at a loss for words.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Ron asked finally, turning to look at me. I averted my gaze, battling with my emotions. I ran a hand over my face.

"I don't know. I guess." I muttered. Ron shifted.

"Did something else happen?" He asked, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. An image of Logan's face passed behind my eyes. I was reluctant to tell him whom I had met, but I needed someone to know.

"Yeah, I guess. I... ran into someone," I started. Ron looked at me.

"Who?"

"My brother's old best friend." I got out, my voice barely working. My heart ached. Ron sucked a breath in.

"Oh. I'm sorry," He said. I shrugged, trying to brush off my sudden melancholy.

"Its fine, its just – he was controlled for a while like I was and I guess its hard to know someone who was that close to my brother," I mumbled. Ron nodded, looking at the opposite wall.

"Yeah, I guess," Ron replied. We sat in silence again. But for some reason it wasn't uncomfortable. Ron was the type of person that makes things simpler, more white and black and less muddy grey. Our silence was more comfortable than my old couch.

"And I don't know, I guess I'm just stressed," I added. I had something that I wanted off my chest for ages, and Ron was the right person to hear.

"About what?" Ron asked.