Chapter 60- Reunions, Hugs, and A Toad.

"I forgot how much I hated our uniforms," I hissed under my breath as I fidgeted with the collar and tie around my neck. I had just changed with Hermione, and we were walking up the stairs to the great hall getting ready for the opening feast. We had finally made it to school and already I had been bombarded with questions from other students, most of them just gawking impolitely at my face as I walked by. Leaving the others at Grimmauld Place had been hard, and I missed Gazzy's little face smiling up at me. But just like last year, I had the urge to jump on the table and yell, "Surprise, surprise mothertruckers! I'm back!" at everyone who gawked and questioned me. Once again, I was more grateful than ever to have my friends with me, because they could keep nosy kids out of my hair for me. Hermione actually had to hold me back like last year when a girl just walked up to me and spat in my face.

"Can't you just stay dead? We would all appreciate it if you were gone for good," She sneered. I recognized her as Pansy Parkinson, one of Draco's bitchy admirers.

"Can't you just fix your face? We would all appreciate it if we didn't have to see your ugly nose jutting into our business 24/7," I shot back, glaring evilly at the girl. She recoiled slightly, but just scowled and walked away, flipping her black hair over her shoulder as she walked away.

"Can I hex her?" I whispered to Ron. He nodded eagerly, but Hermione's hand shot out and smacked me on the shoulder.

"No! Saige just ignore her," she said under her breath. I rolled my eyes and nodded, but I didn't let anyone see as I pulled my hand behind my back and willed her face to bloom with hideous acne. My fingers fluttered, but I didn't need to look to see if my hex worked when a shrill scream echoed through the stairway. I muffed my chuckle. Hermione glared at me, but eventually had to conceal a smile as well. Harry and Ron were pathetic, shoulders shaking with their laugher as they tried to hold it in.

We were just about to the hall when another scream rang out through the hall. This time, I spun around at the voice. I knew that voive.

"SAIGE!" Mina screamed, and another second my three friends were running towards me and I towards them. I collided with Mina, my arms wrapping around her as three sets wrapped around me.

"Oh my gosh! You can't just send one letter saying your alive! We though you were dead you ass!" Hayley laughed into my shoulder. I laughed along with her but noticed that all four of us were constantly blinking tears out of our eyes.

"We missed you so much," Brooklyn said, pulling back and looking at me with ther gorgeously deep brown eyes. I pulled back as well, but kept my arms around their shoulders.

"I missed you guys too," I said with all my heart.

After my reunion with the girls, we separated at the hall and sat down at our appropriate house tables. My body felt odd sitting at a table at school knowing I was capable of preforming magic that most of the professors most likely didn't even know. I gulped as I sat down, my eyes scanning the crowd for one more person I needed to know if they were okay.

Soft grey eyes finally found mine. Soft grey eyes that were shattered and broken, soft grey eyes that filled with tears when I looked into them. Even with a full table and a half separating us, I looked at Draco and tried to put all of my words into our glance.

Thank you. I wouldn't be here without you. I tried to smile but my lip quivered. Draco seemed to respond.

Thank you for not being dead. I would be very sad if you were dead. He seemed to say. I finally forced my mouth to smile and for the next moment we sat beaming at each other with wet eyes. It wasn't until Crabbe poked Draco in the shoulder that we broke eye contact. I made a mental note to talk to him later.