Chapter 80 - Everything is falling apart

When I woke up, Harry was gone. I couldn't remember quite when I fell asleep, but I was glad I had. My head still hurt, but after hearing that Dumbledore and the others were hiding days of my memories from me, I needed to sleep off my rage.

I sat up, rubbing my forehead as I took in the dark hospital wing. It must be the middle of the night. I was about to turn over and try to sleep again when the glint of a green light caught my eye. I looked down at my neck and saw the necklace Draco had bought for me still hanging around my neck. Draco. Why did his name bring so much pain to my heart?

I held the small emerald up, studying the gem in the soft moonlight. It was scratched and coated in what looked like gold dust. What the hell had happened? Tears formed in my eyes as once again I was hit with a wave of disparity – I was helpless. I lay down, clutching the necklace against my chest as tears dripped out of my eyes. Eventually I fell asleep, but my slumber was once again filled with nameless faces laughing at me – telling me that I was a fool.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Harry hated the idea of keeping Saige in the dark but he understood what Dumbledore had meant. She had practically torn herself apart last year after she escaped, and now knowing that Draco betrayed her and that she had been turned again? Harry would be surprised if she didn't try to kill herself if she knew. He had written a letter to Sirius telling him about Saige's state, and he had responded telling Harry that Dumbledore was right. Saige couldn't know.

"Mione, Ron, can you guys find Neville and Ginny? I need to talk to you guys," Harry said quietly as he found Hermione and Ron talking quietly in the common room. Ron was still resting from his wound. Saige had healed it, but Ron was still feeling the fatigue. They looked up when Harry walked in, nodding when they heard him. A few minutes later Neville and Ginny were joining them.

"What is it Harry?" Neville asked. Harry sighed.

"Saige woke up today," He started. Hermione breathed a breath of relief, but Harry knew she would suck it back in when he told them the rest.

"That's great, isn't it?" Ginny asked. Harry rubbed a hand over his face.

"Dumbledore blocked her memories." He said quietly. All four of the others whispered a small 'what?'. "She doesn't remember what happened that night at the ministry. We can't tell her – Dumbledore thinks it will kill her if she relieves the pain she felt that night." Harry said sadly. He glanced up at Ron, knowing that it would be harder for him. Harry had no idea what was going on in Ron's mind, but Saige had almost killed him. That was one of the other reasons Harry was agreeing with Dumbledore. If Saige knew she had almost killed one of her best friends – there was no doubt that she'd tear herself apart.

"What are we supposed to do?" Hermione asked after a moment of silence. Harry shrugged.

"I'm not sure, but we can't tell her. Dumbledore said there was a wall – if Saige tries hard enough she can break it, but we can't let her. She's gonna try to wiggle it out of us, she was hysterical when Dumbledore told her about the wall. She's desperate and confused. I wish we could help, but I can't see any other way," Harry said quietly. The others nodded. They spoke quietly for a little while longer, then bid each other good night and headed to bed. As Harry, Ron, and Neville made their way up to the dormitory, Harry pulled Ron to the side.

"Ron, are you okay? You seem tense," Harry asked. Ron rubbed the spot on his chest where he had been 'shot'.

"I don't know mate, it's hard. I don't blame her at all – I swear. That girl is like a sister to me, I love her like one. But I just can't get the image out, you know?" Ron said splaying his hands. Harry nodded. Images of the thing Saige had become still haunted his nightmares.