Chapter 32- Contacts and Canary Cream Puffs

The drawing above is mine so please don't plagiarize it. This isn't from a specific scene, but this generally how I imaging Saige.
xx- Syd

That morning, my restless mind woke me up before dawn. Groaning at myself, I dragged myself half blind to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I couldn't hear any rustling on the lower floors, except for pots and pans banging in the kitchen. Turning the water on in the small bathroom, I splashed my quickly and raised my face to look in the scratched mirror.

My skin had darkened considerably, but concerning the fact that I spent 7 months living on the run outside, I wasn't surprised. It actually suited me. I watched the girl in the mirror run a heavily cut up hand through her long golden brown hair as I, myself, felt the smooth wisps of my hair run under my fingertips. I really needed to cut it, to be honest. It already swayed around my elbows on the edges, and it touched the small of my back when I stood still. Grabbing the last hairband I had around my wrist I hastily pulled it up into a ponytail, then wet down the small wisps that stuck out. I then studied my face, looking for cuts and traces of blood from the other day.

My eyes were, I guess you could say, harder. More deadly. They didn't twinkle anymore, like people would sometimes point out. Their brown irises were starting to get greener, and for a horrible second I could see the light of the killing curse flash inside them, but I quickly blinked in surprise, and it was gone. I still had practically no eyelashes, which of course annoyed the remaining crap out of me. I had never had much lash, because mine were short and straight, thus being practically invisible from a straight on angle. I still had my small but noticeable slash of freckles along my nose and under eyes, but with my darker skin they weren't as visible. I spotted a tiny speck of blood below my ear and slowly wiped it away, then rinsed my in the sink.

I had been turning around to the towel when my eyes caught sight of something moving out the window. Or, they would've caught sight of if I could actually see. I had long since lost my glasses, and I had never gotten the contacts from my trunk, which, I realized with a jolt, was sitting in my room. Quickly but quietly, I walked over to the trunk and rummaged through it, finally pulling out a small container with a bottle of solution, I walked back into the bathroom.

Needless to say, half an hour later with burning eyes and jaw wanting to break, I walked out of the bathroom with the horrid things stuck into my eyes, and from that day on I decided they needed some magical tampering. I snuck into Fred and Georges' room, barley avoiding being blown up as I opened the door and screamed at them.

"Jeez guys, attack the first person who had the guts to come in here." I rolled my eyes, waving the purple smoke out of my face. Thus, I revealed the two goofballs sitting on the floor between their beds, tampering with joke shop gags. They looked up at me and laughed, but I glared at them and they shut up.

"Hey Saige, whacha need?" Fred asked, brushing off his jeans as he stood up. I smiled and waved my wand, removing all of the purple powered from the room.

"Damn girl... What have you been practicing these months?" George asked, watching the powder condense into a ball and disintegrate in front of my face. I ignored his question and walked over to their small bookshelf in the corner of the room. Rummaging through the books I found the year seven books, along with some more advanced magic books from Bill Wealsey and Charlie Weasley's years at Hogwarts.

"Can I borrow these?" I said, holding them up. The twins nodded and shrugged.

"Not like we're gonna use them, right George?" Fred laughed. I rolled my eyes and started to walk out the door.

"Thanks!" I passed the threshold, but caught sight of the small device that they were tinkering on. "Oh, if you get Harry to eat that, I'll give you 20 galleons." I called at them, then winked at their gaping faces and trudged up to my room. For the next hour I heard spells coming from their room, and I smiled at myself. They could use the money for their joke shop that they had been planning, and honestly, I could use some of their stuff to cheer me up sometimes.