Chapter 81 - Who Am I?

Harry visited the hospital wing every day for the three and a half weeks. It was like their first year all over again. Saige had been hit in the head by a troll club then tossed at Harry and Ron, hitting a wall when she was eleven. She had been asleep in the hospital wing for two months, recovering. Back then Madam Pomfrey said it was because of her young body that she had to stay so long. However, Harry was starting to worry. After he found her in the forest, Saige had been asleep for almost four weeks. That was longer than when she had come back from the ministry – with a stab wound and the most mental trauma a 16-year-old girl had ever experienced. Dumbledore's words echoed around Harry's head as he watched her sleep.

If she remembers, it will kill her.

Harry was starting to think that Dumbledore was right. Harry had had his doubts about the whole scenario, but now, watching the girl rest for four weeks, Harry was starting to wonder if she was too tired to stay alive. He squeezed her hand, fighting back tears.

"Please Saige," He whispered as he looked at the girl. Her face was calm – Harry couldn't help but notice how beautiful Saige had become. The scar on her face was finally fading, just a thin white line on her cheek. Her face was paler than it used to be, but Harry knew that it was from her magic. Her hair was splayed out around her. It had finally gotten longer, reaching past her shoulders. It had darkened considerably since when Harry first met her, her natural highlights fading into dark brown rather than shimmering like gold. Harry bit down on his lip hard as he studied her, watching her chest rise and fall like clockwork. Her hand was limp in his, not a muscle moving. Harry rubbed his thumb over her palm, watching the small lights move under her skin.

Harry glanced at the clock in the hospital wing, biting his lip when he saw how late it was. He needed to get to sleep. End of school was in two weeks, their last final on Friday. Umbridge was gone – which was a relief – but they still had to try and pass their finals. Harry rubbed a hand through his hair as he stood, tucking Saige's hand next to her. He gave the girl one last look over, praying that she would wake up. Nothing. Harry turned to leave.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Air. I needed air.

My eyes flicked open as I gasped, sucking in as much fresh air as I could. I coughed and sputtered, taking deep lungfuls of air as I lay on hard asphalt. I blinked around, trying to identify my surroundings. I was lying in the middle of a street – in the middle of a forest. Cold air bit at my skin. I was grateful to be wearing a hoodie, but my legs already had goosebumps. I was only wearing a pair of jean shorts. I sat up shakily, rubbing my head. It pounded painfully. I was about to stand up when I realized something.

I had no idea where I was.

Or who I was.

Panic rose in my throat as I racked my mind for anything. Nothing came up. Not a name, not a birthday, not an age. I stood up unsteadily, my bare feet stinging from the cold ground. I tucked my hands under my arms, trying to keep warm. My breath fogged in front of me. I stumbled around, looking for a sign of life. Huge pine trees loomed above me, the street I was walking on littered with fallen branches and pine needles. It was foggy; the air was thick with mist. I stumbled down the road, my heart in my throat as I tried to remember who I was.

Lights. Lights were shining through the thick fog. I frantically ran into the road, waving my arms. A car emerged from the thick fog, skidding to a stop when I ran out in front of it. A woman got out of the passenger seat.

"Hello? Are you okay?" She called, running up to me. My teeth chattered. I looked up at the woman, an odd sense of familiarity coming over me. Her long golden brown hair was pulled back in a braid, her light green eyes bright with concern and curiosity. I struggled with my words.