Chapter 2- Malfoy and Potter

We stayed at the inn for the rest of the day, eating a nice dinner before Sam and I were herded onto the train. When we got to the station, I had to be drug along by my brother because I was staring at the train too much. Sam and I finally said goodbye to our parents and boarded the train, but I had no idea where to go. I was on the train, on my way to Hogwarts. But where do I sit? I looked for an empty cabin to take a seat in. My brother was with his friends - he offered to let me sit with them -  but I didn't really have the guts to go. Most of the cabins were full, and I wasn't really in the mood to be awkwardly there in a group of already met friends. As I was passing, a cabin door slid open and a boy with the blondest hair I think I had ever seen stuck his head out. I stopped; he was blocking my way and looking directly at me.

"Hello, what's your name girl?" He asked, but there was sneer in his voice. I instantly didn't like him, but I wasn't going to be rude. 

"Saige Walker. And yours?" I asked politely, glancing over his shoulder at the other cabins.

The boy laughed. "Pretty name for a pretty girl," at this I blushed. "The names Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He smirked at me again and winked. I swalled my grimace. I wasn't really into boys, and wasn't in the mood to start.

"Well, nice to meet you Draco, but I really must be going. I have to meet someone further down, but I guess I'll see you around?" I said, hoping that my lame lie would be enough.

"Okay, and yeah, I hope I see you around." He winked again and pulled his head back into the cabin. I took a deep breath and started to walk again, tugging my trunk behind me.

I had been searching for a while now, but had no luck finding an empty cabin. I was still nervous about asking to join some people, but when I got the last cabin and the only people in it were two boys and a girl that looked around my age, I sucked it up and opened the door. 

"Um, hi. Is it okay if I join you guys? Everywhere else's full." The two boys nodded their heads, and the girl smiled.

"Of course! I was just introducing myself to these two. My name's Hermione Granger," she said. I smiled; she seemed friendly enough.

"My name's Saige Walker." I said sheepishly. One of the boys perked up.

"Hey! My last name starts with a W too!" He said. Then added, "Ron Weasley." I breathed a quick  "Ah" then surveyed all three.

The girl, Hermione, had bushy brown hair and hazel eyes. She had slight buck teeth, and a frowned expression, but I actually liked how she was friendly with me. As I shoved my trunk under the seat because it was too heavy to put on the overhead rack, I looked at the boys.

Ron, I think that's what he said, had bright orange hair and blazing blue eyes, and his pale face was dotted with freckles, more than myself. He seemed slightly slow, but nice either way.

When I finally sat down, I looked at the boy beside me. He had super messy black hair and bright green eyes. His skin was an even caramel color, and he had thin, circular, broken glasses perched on his nose.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Harry Potter." He said. I gasped. I had heard about the Boy Who Lived from my parents; how he dodged death as an infant and put He Who Must Not Be Named back into immobility.

"That's wicked," was all I said. "Are you all first years?" I added. The nodded, and Hermione stood up.

"Well, it was nice meeting all of you, but I really have to go check on some things in my cabin. I hope I see you around." I caught her glance, meaning she wanted to see me more. I wondered if she liked the boys at all. They seemed fine to me.